September 23, 2009

Renegade Craft Fair...FINALLY!

As promised, here is my post about the renegade craft fair! Yaaaay. All of my friends were either working or had school so I couldn't find anyone to take with me. I'm a determined girl though, so I hopped on a train by myself and headed over to the lovely craft fair. I had a wonderful afternoon talking to all of the friendly and talented vendors. I was SO SO inspired by everything I saw. It really made me want to get to work crafting :). I'm a poor college kid so I couldn't really afford to buy too much, but that didn't stop me from picking up a few of my favorite items and about 100 business cards so I can grab cute stuff from etsy when I do finally have money.


These little studly studs are adorable. I love the mustaches that are showing up all over right now but I can't afford any bigger pieces yet. So I grabbed these little guys at the fair! Go get a pair for yourself :).


This beautiful journal is actually not something I bought. But if it had been there, I would own it right now. From this vendor, I actually bought some adorable greeting cards. I've been all about mail recently so I wanted something cute to send to my friends. The cards are really similar to this journal (made from vintage tablecloths/curtains/sheets).


This necklace is BY FAR my FAVORITE purchase of the day. Words cannot describe the love I have for this piece. I love how sweet it is, and the color is not something I would usually go for, but I'm so glad I did. I wear it pretty much every day now. Go support these sellers!


These cards were my second favorite purchase of the day. I love this one, it reminds me of the atmosphere song "the number one", which is one of my all time favorites. I think the sayings on these cards are really sweet and innocent. I love the message they convey. I will definitely be buying more from this seller in the near future. Why should you get your own? Because you have 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.



I'm not much of a chef, but I am obsessed with aprons. I found an apron that I simply could not live without. Each one is handmade and different. They are all so cute!

I also bought a poster from the scratch and dent bucket from one vendor. I can't find her business card but if I do, I'll post her information. It really is a fantastic addition to my living room!

and finally, my biggest discovery of the day....

THE NINA KNITTING STORE!!!
I am smitten. The yarns are beautiful, the display is breathtaking, the staff is friendly, and the classes teach you how to make things you'd actually want to own. If you live in Chicago, or even in Illinois, I would say this store is definitely worth checking out. A knitting or crocheting essential :).
http://www.ninachicago.com/

Have a beautiful day!

xoxo
-Malori

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.