December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

Silly Arizona, you disappoint me time and time again. Sadly, I have no special plans to bring in the new year. I have a couple options, but I'm sleepy and I don't feel all that fantastic so I think I'm just going to kick it at home with my family tonight. I'm going to do a bit of a cliche post and talk about a few resolutions that I want to make for the new year. Also, I filled out a quick little survey that I found on Her Sunday Dress.

First things first, my resolutions. I think this falls right in line with my "20 before 20" list, so I'm going to share those goals along with my resolutions. I left my official list up at school, but I remember most of my goals, so I'll share what I can remember!
1) Read 50 books
2) Save $5000
3) Participate in an art festival
4) Paint a picture worthy of being hung in my home/apartment
5) Set up and maintain an etsy shop
6) Sell 15 handmade items, whether it be knitting, painting, or whatever else
7) Learn to sew
8) Learn to crochet
9) Learn to felt
10) Learn to cook Tofu
11) Hit the gym at least 3 times a week (I've been keeping up on this one!)
12) Learn how to do my makeup (I've never known before and I think it'd be a nice skill)
13) De-clutter my life. I have way too much stuff and I really don't need it
14) Take a cooking class
15) Keep up with my writing, whether it be blogging or journaling
16) Officially decide on a major
17) Get a tattoo? At the VERY least save up the money needed to get one
18) Come up with 5 tutorials to post on my blog
19) Get straight A's this coming semester at School
20) Find some way to help my parents pay for school


And now for the survey:

1. What is your name and what's your blog name, if you have one?

My name is Malori. My blog name is Sunday Morning Sugar :)

2. Where do you live? City, State? If you could live anywhere where would it be?

(scottsdale)

(San Francisco)

(chicago)
I live in two places. Chicago, Illinois and Phoenix, AZ. There are a couple places I would LOVE to live. If the winter doesn't drive me crazy, I could easily end up in Chicago. It makes me so happy to live there and it really is a wonderful place to be. If the winter does drive me crazy (or the distance from my family), I'd like to live in California--San Diego or San Fransisco would be lovely. Or, if Arizona can't let me go, I'd be pretty happy living in Scottsdale.

3. Where do you work? What's your job title? Do you love your job?

I work at a consignment store. I'm an asscociate. I love my job :). I get to work with clothes from a bunch of different brands and styles which is good practice for my future work. I'm also a student of fashion design.

4. If you could work anywhere or do anything what would it be?

I want to own a successful business. My two favorite ideas are to either own a knitting boutique or a clothing boutique. If I sell clothes, I'd like to support young designers (or maybe even sell my own designs). I'd also love to be a successful shoe designer.

5. What are you reading right now?


Beautiful Boy and The Last Days of Dead Celebrities.

6. What are you listening to?

Weezer

Ra Ra Riot

Train

7. Guilty Pleasure?

Justin Bieber hahaha. It's sad how much I love him...

8. Name your TV shows:

Criminal Minds

Friends

Sex and the City

and How I Met Your Mother

9. What is one thing you do every day?
This is a tough one... I don't really know if there is something I do every day. I get on my computer every day haha, that's a little sad I suppose.

10. How did you find our blog?
I went to high school with Lyndsey and she posted her survey so I snagged it :)

11. What do you like to do for fun?
Knit, Party, Shop, Craft, Read, listen to music, and take pictures

12. Do you have Twitter?
Yes!! Right here!

13. What was your favorite gift that you gave or received this year?
My favorite gifts I gave were the ones I gave to my family. I knit a robot for my older brother, I knit a dinosaur for my mom, and I bought my little brother the flip video camera.

14. What's on your bedside table?
My glasses, a book, a cup of water, chapstick, my cell phone, and my remote.

15. (there is no 15th question but I have to have things in increments of 5 so I added this one haha) What is something you'd like to see more of out of my blog? Favorite posts? Some things I should stop doing? Give me your opinion so I can do better for you!

Sorry this post is so long. I suppose that's what happens when you have no plans on New Years Eve haha.

xoxoxo
Malori

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.