April 24, 2010

Matt & Kim

Last night was WONDERFUL! I have a fantastic older brother, a lovely roommate, and a new found adoration for dancing obnoxiously at concerts.

My older brother goes to school about an hour away from me (how odd that two Arizona babies would choose to go to school so far away yet so close to each other, right?). Every year his school has a free concert in the fall and in the spring for its students. Last year the spring concert featured T-Pain. This year's fall show featured Gym Class Heroes, and the spring concert was Matt & Kim. Brock, being the awesome brother that he is, invited me to both of these concerts but due to weather and sleep deprivation I missed the Gym Class concert. I was NOT going to make the same mistake for Matt & Kim. If you have not heard of this dynamic duo, watch this music video before you keep reading.



Matt and Kim are SO energetic and put on a lovely show. It was so much fun to just let loose and dance around like an idiot. I used to go to shows all the time in high school but now that I'm poor I can't really afford to do much of anything. At the beginning of the show, Matt threw a towel offstage and I CAUGHT IT so it's now it's officially our favorite decoration in our apartment. After the show, Matt and Kim jumped off the stage into the crowd and danced with everyone. My roommate danced with Kim and I stole a few hugs from Matt. Brock asked Matt for a drumstick and he was like "Of course dude! One second!" and ran back to the stage to get it for him. All in all I'd say it was a FABULOUS evening.

Here's a picture of me and my roommate with Matt. Excuse the sweat, we worked hard during their set!



Going to an art school without an actual campus sort of leaves me without the normal college experience. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my school and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but sometimes it's nice to sit in a tiny dorm room in the middle of a huge campus and have a football player hand you a drink and sweet talk you. I had a college-tastic evening last night.

Tonight my roommate and I are taking it easy. We're going to watch some chick flicks, eat chocolate, and do crafty things. I cannot waittt! I'll be sure to share photos on Monday.

xoxo
Malori

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.