May 3, 2010

What have I been up to, you ask?

well kids, I'll be happy to share what I've been doing with my time.

First a foremost, I was brutally attacked by the homework monster. I have been bogged down in seemingly endless projects, papers, and the making of flashcards. The bad news? I don't see it ending for another two weeks. The good news? IT'S GOING TO BE OVER IN TWO WEEKS! Praise the lord. In the meantime...

I've been packing up a storm and getting other things in order for summer. I have a LOT of knitting to get done before those cold months roll around again. I stopped by my yarn store this afternoon and bought a heap of goodies. I also noticed some BEAUTIFUL bulky yarn on sale that I plan on buying later this week.

Speaking of yarn... If anyone remembers when I bought all those knitting books, you may recall one in particular, Alterknits. If not, I'll refresh your memory. The majority of the projects in the book use materials other than yarn which is, in my opinion, awesome! One of the projects in the book uses old T-shirts as yarn and as soon as I saw this I knew I NEEDED to make some of my own. So I snagged a 3XL tee shirt and started cutting. Here are some in process pictures as well as the finished product. I CAN NOT WAIT TO KNIT SOMETHING WITH IT! The project in the book is a rug, which I will not be creating just yet. Perhaps someday?




I've also been getting creative with what I have in my kitchen. I hate the idea that whatever I don't use is going to have to be thrown away, so I'm trying to use as many of my extra ingredients as possible. My roommate works at noodles and company and always brings me buttered noodles because they're my favorite. I decided that instead of making her buy me buttered noodles, I could just make them at home. And now, you can too!!

Ta da! Buttered Noodles a la Malori.

Ingrediants:
-butter (I use Brummel and Brown's Yogurt butter)
-Italian Seasoning
-Noodles of your choice (I like whole wheat)
-Parmesan Cheese

1) Throw a dollop of butter into a bowl.

2) Boil water and cook your noodles according to the directions on the package (it's not rocket science people, it's just pasta)
3) Strain your noodles, then pour them into the bowl over the butter. I like to let it sit for a second so that the butter starts to melt.

4) Sprinkle some italian seasoning over the noodles and mix the butter and seasoning until it evenly coats your noodles
5) Throw a generous amount of Parmesan over everything and mix it up.

That's it! They're SO YUMMY and it's simple.


I also want to remind you that when I reach 100 followers with Google Friend Connect that I'll be hosting another giveaway. You can help me get there faster! Post my buttons on your pages and spread the word (and the sugar).
I think that's just about everything. What have you been up to? Share with the class :)

xoxoxo
Malori

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.