July 23, 2010

Last day of Vacation

I'm at my aunt's house on the last day of vacation and I can't wait to get back to phoenix. Only another month(ish) till I get to go back to my beloved Chicago :)!! Until then I'll be saving every penny that comes my way so I'll be able to afford some fun stuff for my new apartment. You know, like a bed and a bookshelf! Anyways, I want to share my vacation with you but I'll share it in parts since that's less image heavy.

So here's day one:

My grandma flew in from Ohio on Monday and early Tuesday morning we saddled up the car and started our drive to beautiful West Hollywood. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this before, but I absolutely love California. I would love to live there someday.

We got there in the afternoon, checked into our hotel, and spent a few hours lounging by the pool. After lunch (by the pool), we showered, changed, and took a stroll down Melrose. Every two seconds I saw something that caught my eye and was almost giddy with excitement. I love how colorful everything is and the typography and design on the street and in the buildings was KILLING ME. It was fantastic.




We ended up at the Farmer's Market for dinner and had a delicious fondue. Then we sauntered back to the hotel while window shopping the other side of the street. It was great :).



Day Two:
We woke up bright and early and headed over to Urth Cafe for some breakfast.

I got banana nut oatmeal and was in heaven. I'm not much of an oatmeal gal but this was an exception. Who new oats could be so delicious?!


After breakfast, we hurried off to Venice beach for a few hours. I am obsessed with the beach. I honestly cannot get enough. Even though it was cloudy and muggy, I still had a wonderful time reading my vogue and shuffling my toes in the sand.


That's where I stop sharing because the second half of day two deserves its own post. I'll be back tomorrow with the continuation of my little vacation story.

How have things been for all of you? I would say I missed you while I was away, but since I brought my computer I guess I wasn't really "away".

xoxo
Mal

P.S.

I have 50 followers?! Someone pinch me. I must be dreaming. Thank you all so much and WELCOME! If you're new, leave a comment and say hello :). I love hearing from you.

5 notes:

Unknown

Hello! New follower here. :)

Ashley

Looks like so much fun! I want to go to California sooo badly right now. Can't wait to see more! :)

Malori

Helllo!!!! I'm so happy to have you around :).

Mom'sLove

Another new follower here! Hiiii, I live in southern California. Meh, too much traffic. But glad to see you are having a great time! I am in love with your knitting projects.. Keep up your goals!

Malori

There is a lot of traffic but it's the same in Chicago so I can't say I mind it too much. Thank you for the sweet compliment :). I'm so glad to have you here.

Designed by Steven Andrew.