August 2, 2010

And the week starts....NOW!

Hellllooo,

The week started today and mine didn't start off so well. I'm in the midst of a gigantic/stressful roommate crisis and I'm definitely on the edge. Relaxation techniques anyone?

I cannot believe that it's already August. Time has a silly way of moving along at the same pace whether or not you're along for the ride. This weekend was really special because I got to spend some quality time with my oldest friend (16 years goin strong!) and her new nephew who I've also decided is my nephew. He's the sweetest little thing and I love him like crazy. I also came up with a delicious little lunch burrito that I thought I'd share. It's really simple but tastes like GOLD.


(we heart it)

Ingredients:
-1 whole wheat tortilla
-1 avocado, sliced
-oven roasted turkey breast (sliced up real nice deli style)
-pepper
-mexican style shredded cheese (or cheddar if that's what you have)

1) Coat the tortilla with a layer of the cheese
2) next arrange the sliced avocado on top of the cheese
3) finally put a layer of the deli meat and sprinkle some pepper on to taste
4) I throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds open then roll it up for 20 seconds

I'll see you all tomorrow! Today has been exhausting and it's time for me to get to bed. OH! Before I go, I wanted to tell you all that I have a monthly newsletter in the works. So exciting.

xoxo
Mal

5 notes:

Anonymous

I can't believe its August already either!
As for relaxation techniques...I find crocheting relaxing. Or reading if I have a good book. :)

http://littlesugarmonster.blogspot.com

Danielle

Try some yoga! :) I'm not super flexible, but it always calms me down when I'm stressed.

Mom'sLove

what happen to the other roomie you had? the one that took your camera and took pics of herself? Here's to things getting better! Sending some positive thoughts your way........
A

brlracincwgrl

Your recipe sounds yummy! :). As far as relaxation techniques, I like to take a book to the lake and read. Or go for a walk. :).

Unknown

I can not believe it's August already, either! I am excited for the Fall season though for sure. :) The recipe sounds delicious! :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.