August 16, 2010

Eay, Pray, Love

Yesterday I spent the majority of my day packing (FINALLY!) and knitting. My mom asked if I wanted to go see Eat, Pray, Love and I decided I could take a break from my rather unproductive day to go see the movie. I read the book a really long time ago, I think it was my junior year of high school? Regardless, I loved it and I love Julia Roberts so I figured it couldn't hurt to see the cinematic version of the novel. I just have a few things to say.

1) James Fraco is gorgeous. He's 100% my kind of guy and he's wonderful in this movie. (Did I mention that he's gorgeous?)



2) Ketut is hilarious and adorable but also insightful. I loved the character and thought it was very well-played.
(I could only find an image of the real Ketut and Liz but that'll do the job)


3) Julia Roberts was a perfect choice for the lead. Once again, she wowed me. Also, I think she was costumed beautifully. Age appropriate but still sexy and fun. Perfect!


If you haven't seen the movie you should give it a try. If you haven't read the book you should ABSOLUTELY read it. Especially if you've ever dealt personally with divorce, depression, or feeling lost in life (it appeals to pretty much everyone). It was a fantastic way to end the weekend!


And before I go, a note on disparaging comments. Before I go to the negative, I want to say that I appreciate and love every comment that you guys leave for me. They are all sent to my email and if I don't reply on the post, know that I read (and re-read) whatever you say to me. It blows my mind that people are reading this and that they want to contribute by leaving me sweet comments! I love it. Having said that, I would like to address the anonymous comments that are less than pleasant. A friend of mine told me that you aren't big in the blogging world until you have haters and I guess that I'm getting there because I've recently gotten some comments on posts and on my formspring that are rather cruel. I'd like to address them formally so here goes:
If you are reading my blog and you do not like what I have to say then stop reading. No one is forcing you to be here. No one is making you look at my pictures or read day-to-day stories about my life. And I am certain that no one is forcing you to comment and criticize me on a personal level. Be aware that when you are reading this blog (or any blog for that matter), that you are reading a perfectly tailored snapshot of someone. The voice of this blog is just one facet of my personality. I like to keep things light. I want my blog to be a place where people can go to find little bits of inspiration and maybe gain some motivation in their own lives. If you only know me through my blog, please be aware that you don't know the whole story. I know that I am choosing to put my personal life on the internet and that may seem like a cry for attention, but really I just wanted to be a part of (what I thought was) the incredibly supportive DIY community. So please, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. And if you frequently find yourself muttering angry words at your computer while you're reading my blog, then stop reading.

I apologize for turning my happy movie review into an angry sort of rant. I promise I will not address negative comments in the future (especially not in a post) and will continue to keep things positive around here.

xo
Mal

6 notes:

StephanieTJLee

Ah you made me want to watch the movie now :(. James Franco is absolutely gorgeous. I wish there were two James Franco out there for both me and you to marry. HEH :).

PS I totally get what you're saying about the haters. I just started I don't have much followers but I commented on some lady's blog saying how nice the quality of her photos was and how she pieced them together quite well. She replies back saying that she considered my message as spam! WHAT? Ok so she isn't exactly a hater but she's one of those rude people on blogger. I hope anonymous peeps will stop bothering you. You have a fabulous blog.

Best wishes and sorry for the long comment!

Anonymous

You my dear should not let anyone get to you. They are just jealous that at the age of 19 you are SO focused and know what you want for yourself. How many people can say that even at the age of 30?
--I once for a formspring that said "can you stop being so annoying" and I felt like someone punched me in the gut--BUT, if you think about it, they are only saying this stuff because they stalk you, and are most likely jealous. <3

Mom'sLove

well said, chickee, well said!
I'm a mom of a 15 year old and I think you are very inspirational. Keep it up and keep that cute smile on.. Screw 'em... ;)
Amanda

polli

what a cool and pretty blog you have !

Hannah

Aw, I'm sorry about the negative comments. I don't know why they would even have anything to complain about, let alone bash you about it. Just keep doing what you're doing Mal :)

Kenzie

I think James Franco is coming to my school this year! He is so handsome! I hope I get to meet him!

I really love your blog from what I've seen of it so far. Keep going girl. There will always be those people around unfortunately. You just have to keep looking ahead and don't get sidetracked by them. You'll do great :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.