September 21, 2010

Frustrations and Soup

I spent the past couple hours trying to perfect some seam samples that I need to turn in to my sewing teacher come Friday morning. Note: I now want to die but only if I can take the sewing machine with me. I am SO frustrated. Today has been full of all kinds of shenanigans but I'm still hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Here's a rundown:
-Woke up (after sleeping in) which was nice
-Found out that I'm having MORE problems with my internet card which was not nice
-Realized the new Maroon 5 album came out today (SO NICE)
-Couldn't download it because of my internet issues (death...)
-Went for a quick run (nice)
-Had to stop after 15 minutes and head back home because my asthma was going crazy (not so nice)
-Got all dressed up to run some errands (nice!)
-Spent a few hours screaming curses at an industrial sewing machine for moving faster than I could keep up (not so nice)
-Went to the library to use the internet to download my beloved maroon 5 and finish some homework AND blog (nice)


I guess it's been a fair mix of good and bad but the bad is really getting me riled up for some reason. When I finish my homework I'm going to go home and work on some embroidery for a while to wind down. I also plan on having a gigantic bowl of the fresh chicken noodle soup I made yesterday. I had some chicken in my refrigerator that was thawed because I was going to cook it for some friends a week ago but ended up not making it. I really hate wasting food so I googled chicken recipes to see what I could whip up with it. I adore cooking but the food I make needs to taste good as leftovers since the portions are generally way more than I want/need for one meal. Usually I'll cook a big pot of soup or something of the sort at the beginning of the week then eat it for lunch the rest of the week (last week I made Chili). So the soup of the week coming out of my kitchen this week is Chicken Noodle! I found a recipe online for it and loosely based my soup off of it.

Here's what you'll need:
-Cooked Chicken torn into strips
-Carrots
-Celery
-Egg Noodles
-1/2 cup of chopped onion
-12 cups of low sodium chicken broth
-2 cloves of minced garlic
-2 bay leaves
-pepper
Chicken Noodle Soup Fixins
Here we go:
1) Cut your celery, carrots, and onion so they're ready to rock
2) Add the garlic, bay leaves, and chicken broth to a large pan. Bring your broth to a boil.
3) Add your celery, carrots, and onion to the boiling broth, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes
4) Bring the heat back up just a pinch. Add in your chicken and noodles and cook until the noodles are tender.
Chicken Noodle Soup

Tips:
Don't add any salt. The broth has more than enough so unless you like REALLY salty things, I'd steer clear. Pepper is a different story :). Add it liberally! If you remember (I did not) take the bay leaves out before you add the noodles/chicken because they'll get lost and will not taste good if eaten.

Alas... I feel better just thinking about soup and sweatpants :).
See you tomorrow!
Mal

P.S.
I don't know if the formspring trend died, but I love when you all ask me questions there so feel free!
ALSO: I lowered prices in my shop since it's still so darn hot out. Go check everything out :) (the link is on the righthand side of my page)

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.