November 5, 2010

Chic Steals


One of my lovely readers directed my attention to a pretty sweet challenge that I am SO excited to participate in. Carly over at Chic Steals has decided to wear a completely different outfit every day this month in an attempt to get creative with things she never wears from her wardrobe. I LOVE this idea. I have so many things in my closet that I never wear because A) I don't have the energy, B) I don't know how to style it and I'm too lazy/tired to figure it out, or C) I forgot I owned it. Since I've already missed some days I'll have to jump into this one a bit late but I am SO excited to participate (I'm already planning my outfits). I have an added challenge because 1) my washing machine is broken so 90% of my clothes are filthy--it's been broken for a MONTH, and 2) I have to dress cute for work--no jeans or tennis shoes--and have to wear my "work shoes" which are BEAUTIFUL but difficult to style because their color is out of my comfort zone.

I was pretty good about posting outfit pictures over the summer but when my depression set in I sort of stopped trying. Recently I've turned a corner in terms of my mood which I'm grateful for, and with this new optimism is my sense of style. If any of you decide to participate in this challenge with me, I would love to see what you do so please comment with a link to your blog!

xo
Mal

2 notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly

what a fun challenge! can't wait to see what you come up with, girl. :)

enjoy your weekend!!

Anonymous

yay!

ditto what ilene said! :D

stinks about the washer!!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.