February 8, 2011

Superbowl! And some grilling...


On Superbowl Sunday, I hopped on a train to Lake Forest to visit my brother and do some grilling! Yes... we grilled. In the snow. But I'm getting ahead of myself here :).

Rather than staying in the city and watching the Superbowl commercials on the oldddd school TV in my living room (I don't get TV in my bedroom) I thought it would be fun to watch it with my older brother and his friends! After church, I hopped on the Metra and then schlepped my bags about a mile through the middle of the road because the sidewalks out there are totally snowed over.

IMG_3712

We ran to the store and grabbed some steaks to grill. Then we went back to his school and grilled in the bed of one of his friends' trucks. IT WAS FREEZING! Oh sweet baby jesus, I haven't been that cold in a while. After about an hour of not being able to feel my toes I started questioning the sanity of those around me. Who grills in the middle of winter while the snow is pouring down? Having whined about that, I will say I had a blast. These kids are HILARIOUS so while I was losing my extremities to frost bite I was laughing my ass off. We make compromises sometimes, people.

IMG_3713
(Austin, one of the grillmasters)
IMG_3714
(the little grill)
IMG_3715
IMG_3722
(my bro and his girlfriend)
IMG_3720
(my god...I'm so attractive... hahahahaha)
IMG_3717

After we grilled, we headed inside and warmed up while watching the game. I'll be the first to admit that I don't watch any of the actual football. As a marketing student, I'm totally in it for the commercials. Some of my favorites were the Pepsi Max and E-Trade commercials. How about you?

All in all I had a great Superbowl Sunday. It was a longgg day and I'm still exhausted since my week isn't giving me any relaxation but it was worth it. Oh well, that's what spring break is for, right?

I hope you all had a great weekend. This week is going to be heavy on the guest posts because I'm SLAMMED with homework or work. I'll stop by as much as I can though :). The reworked giveaway is officially closed. I'll randomly choose a winner later today and send their information along to Alyssa so she can get the prize out!!

xoxo
Mal

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.