February 14, 2011

"Today was a Fairytale" Date Night Look


Today I have Danielle from Home Sweet Home Cupcakes to give you a makeup tutorial. I'm hopeless with makeup so it's fun to have someone who knows what they're doing! So, here's Danielle!

Sometimes it's hard to say what makeup would look best for a transition from day to night and with Valentine's Day being on a Monday, it will be crucial to have a look that works best for both with minimal touch up. It is very light on the eyes, but the lips are bold and fun.

Makeup DIY

Start first with your typical foundation routine and prime your eyes for all day eyeshadow wear. I swear by Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
We're gonna start by packing on a Yellow Gold all over the lid with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I used the Gold in the Maybelline Eyestudio "Give me Gold" quad. It doesn't need to be perfect because we're gonna blend later.
Makeup DIY
Makeup DIY

Then get a Lilac color to apply to the crease. I used a Lilac from a Sephora palette from a few years ago, but any Lilac will do! I used the same fluffy brush from the Gold. Again, don't worry about making a mess.
Makeup DIY

Next, apply a Medium Brown to the outer corners and also as a halo above the Lilac; gently blend the two. I used Urban Decay's Buck from the Naked palette.

Makeup DIY

Using a smaller eyeshadow brush, apply a glittery nude to the inner corners and blend with your fingers. I used Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy.
Makeup DIY

Using the same fluffy brush from the Gold & Lilac, blend a shimmery pink like Mac's All that Glitters into the crease on the Brown & the Lilac to complete the eyeshadow.Touch up with any of the colors as necessary.

Makeup DIY

Line the bottom water line with a white eyeliner pencil or a white eyeshadow with an angled eyeliner brush to open the eyes. Line the top water line with a black eyeliner pencil. To complete the eyeliner, I thinly line on the lid with a gel eyeliner and also below the bottom waterline. I used the Maybelline Eyestudio in Blackest Black.
Makeup DIY
Makeup DIY

Curl your top lashes and apply two coats of your favorite mascara on top and one coat on the bottom to complete your eyes!

Makeup DIY

Because the eyes aren't very dramatic, it is okay to play up the cheeks and the lips! I used a Mac's Buff peachy colored blush with a fluffy brush on the apples of my cheeks up to my temples. I also used a Cream colored eyeshadow (Urban Decay Virgin) on the same fluffy brush applied on top of the blush on my temples.

Makeup DIY

To complete the look, I used a nude lipstick as a base, in this case, my favorite Revlon #613 in Just Enough Buff, and then finished the lips with a shimmery hot pink lipgloss (Sephora's Pin Up Pink).
Makeup DIY

DSCN1782
I love the girlyness of this look, but also the versatility. I can wear it everyday, but also wear it on a date with that special someone on Valentine's Day! I hope you enjoy it and find ways to customize it and make it your own!

XO,
Danielle

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.