February 10, 2011

Valentines




I just wanted to pop in to say hello and tell you about my night tonight :). First of all, hello! I feel like I've been so absent from the blog this week and while it was nice to let my guests take over during my busy week, it's much more fun to be here myself!

If you couldn't guess from this month's theme, I absolutely adore Valentines Day. Like...a lot. Which is odd because I've never had a boyfriend OR a Valentine so you'd think that I'd dread it (I used to). But honestly, something about a holiday where it's completely appropriate to decorate EVERYTHING with hearts and wear pink/red and feel really loved is probably the best holiday around. Since I'm super in-the-spirit this year, I decided to make about a zillion Valentines to pass out, just like in grade school when you had to bring one for everyone in your class. I haven't given any away yet (duhhh it's not Valentines day yet) so I'll post a picture next week sometime, but I will tell you I was inspired by this post. I'll also be the first to admit that I think EVERYONE in blog-land was inspired by those sweet little Valentines. I mean, how could you not be? Freaking adorable. So part of my night tonight will be to put the finishing touches on my Valentines... then....

I've been really wanting to sew something so I think I'm going to whip up some of this garland, or maybe something similar that I'll be able to use outside of Valentines day. If I'm brave enough I'd also love to try making this skirt. I found both of those links from a roundup of Valentines stuff over on Made (a wonderful blog).

Tomorrow I am going to bake some cupcakes, do a TON of homework, catch up on laundry, and try some things on at work (lusttt). My weekend officially starts NOW even though I have to work on Saturday. I'm determined to be extremely productive!

What are you all doing this weekend? Do you have any links to projects I should try out!? Leave them in the comments :)

xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

M.M.E.

You certainly have a lot planned! I love the holiday because it's an excuse to eat large amounts of ice cream and cupcakes.

Caitlin Starks

I love you, will you be my valentine?

ilene @ muchloveilly

busy wkend but it sounds like a good one! enjoy your v-day, friend!!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.