March 8, 2011

Mushroom, Lemon Linguine


Hello again!

I bet you weren't expecting to hear from me after I told you I wouldn't be around this week. Welll yesterday, not one but TWO of my teachers pushed back the due dates for our midterm projects. You know what that means for me?! BLISS! I'm going to start a new feature on the blog (my only other feature takes place on sunday...quotes anyone?) and attempt to keep up with it :). I really love to cook and I'm constantly trying new recipes so I figured why not try just ONE a week and share it with all of you? Totally manageable, I'd say.

To kick things off, I decided to make a recipe I saw on the Cooking channel while I was working out. It looked super simple and totally delicious so I looked up the recipe and made it on Sunday night for my friend Lauren and myself.

Mushroom, Lemon Linguine

Mushroom, Lemon Pasta

Ingredients
• 8 ounces/4 cups finely sliced chestnut/cremini mushrooms
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon Maldon/kosher salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
• Small clove garlic, minced
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 4 sprigs fresh thyme stripped to give 1 teaspoon leaves
• 1 pound linguine
• 1 bunch fresh parsley, leaves chopped, to give 1/2 cup
• 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan, or to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper


Directions
Slice the mushrooms finely, and put them into a large bowl with the oil, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest, and gorgeously scented thyme leaves.

Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain loosely retaining some water. Quickly put the pasta into the bowl with the mushroom mixture.

Toss everything together well, and then add the parsley, cheese and pepper before tossing again. Eat with joy in your heart.

Mushroom, Lemon Pasta

My only complaint was that the lemon juice was a little overpowering. Next time I'd definitely just use half of the juice. I was also a little short on Linguine so I used a pound of a different pasta that was in my cabinet as a substitute. I'm not sure that it really makes much of a difference but I figure it is worth noting :).

If you decide to whip this up, let me know! Also, I stumbled onto Ballpoint + Pen last night and found her Load of Crock series. Can I just tell you how excited I am to tackle some of these recipes? I do believe Ali has found herself a new reader :).

Have a wonderful day!!
xoxo
Mal

P.S.
I recently posted my formspring link again and have gotten a couple questions in the past two days. I love it! If you have anything you'd like to ask, feel free to ask there :)

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.