April 29, 2011

Yolk and Bubbles


I'm sure I've referenced my complete adoration for Yolk before. If you're a new reader, let me briefly fill you in. There is an adorable breakfast place close to my school that has stolen my heart. I force all out-of-town guests to enjoy breakfast or brunch there at least once during their trips and I decided last year (my first year in Chicago) that it was going to be an Easter tradition to eat there. Yup, its that good.
IMG_4162
IMG_4163
We got to the restaurant around 10:30 and waited a bit for our table. Once we were seated and had our food ordered, we played with things on the table like we were five years old...
IMG_4169
IMG_4165
I got the South of The Border Benny (chorizo, 2 poached eggs, 1 english muffin, hollendaise sauce, fruit, and red potatoes), my brother got "The Works" (ham, sausage, bacon, and a ton of other meat smooshed into a GIANT omelette), and his girlfriend got Peach Oatmeal.
IMG_4173
IMG_4172
IMG_4174
We all really enjoyed our food and I ended up taking my leftovers home with me. So damn good--even as leftovers. If you are ever in Chicago I would definitely recommend giving this restaurant some of your time.

When we got home we "did" Easter. We exchanged baskets while listening to some records and blowing bubbles. It was a relaxing day :)!
IMG_4220
IMG_4221
IMG_4222
IMG_4225
IMG_4223
xoxo
Mal

1 notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly

oh be still my beating heart. i miss yolk! loooove that place!!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.