May 6, 2011

Tipping the heart of a girl


It's been a while since I've reviewed books for all of you. I haven't been reading quite as much recently because I've been trying to get through the end of my semester in one piece. I haven't stopped completely though, so let me share what I have read recently!

Girl
The back of the book describes the novel as "A Catcher in the Rye for the Grunge generation". Seeing as how I loveddd Catcher in the Rye, I figured I'd give it a go when Amazon suggested it to me. What's the verdict? Guilty! Just kidding. I enjoyed the novel but I'm not in love. It's written in stream of consciousness so its a really easy read. I found that when I sat down to get through a chapter, I'd end up reading 50 pages because you just get lost in the story. Overall, it is a really universal story with some great scenes. I'd suggest it :)!

The Heart of the Matter
As you may have seen on TV, the movie for Something Borrowed is coming to theaters soon. The same author of that wonderful book (seriously, soo so good) wrote this guy as well. I am NOT a fan of romance novels but I can't get enough of Emily Giffin. My friend Ariel bought Something Borrowed for me two years ago for Christmas and immediately after I finished it, I ended up buying ALL of Ms. Giffin's other novels and LOVING them. This book had a somewhat disappointing ending (in my opinion) but was awesome none-the-less. I'd absolutely suggest it!

The Tipping Point
This is a fantastic marketing book. But it appeals to everyone! It explores the reason that epidemics "tip". What makes a trend catch on? It's fascinating. I'm really not doing a great job of explaining it so you should probably just check it out.

What have you been reading recently? I'd love to hear :)

xoxo
Mal

P.S.
Did you see what I did with the Title there? Man, I'm clever!

4 notes:

Angie - SewIThought

If you liked the Tipping Point you should read another of his books, Blink. If you haven't already. Its really good!

Malori

I haven't read it yet but it's on my book list! He's a fabulous author, I can't wait to check it out :)!

itslissy

the title of the post is absolutely adorable! :)

Malori

haha thank you for humoring me!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.