May 16, 2011

Weekend Update



Brock's Birthday Dinner

Friday:
This was my first day home since January. It was so nice waking up at my parents house and seeing the Arizona sunshine pouring through my window...at the ripe hour of 6:30 in the morning. I got a new haircut on Friday, got some lunch with my mama, swam a little bit, and started reading a new book.

Saturday:
I woke up EARLY again (7:00), lounged in the pool with my mom for a while (got a gnarly sunburn on my back!), then got ready to do some mom-errands with her. We went to Barnes and Noble, Target, and Nothing Bundt Cakes and got some lunch at this delicious restaurant here in Phoenix--Pomegranate. The rest of Saturday was spent on the couch watching TV, doing blog things, and reading. I'm still open to any and all marketing questions you have concerning your blogs so please, leave them in the comments!

Sunday:
Woke up at 6:30 again (really, this needs to stop), and got some breakfast with my dad. We chatted for a bit over some yummy breakfast burritos then made our way over to Ikea so I could pick up some fabric. I ended up getting a LOT of fabric and I'm really excited to use it. I want to make some cute skirts and dresses :). Sunday evening we all went out to dinner to celebrate my older brother's 22nd birthday. We topped the night off with some red velvet cake and cookie dough ice cream... om nom nom.

This was my only weekend at home since I head back to Chicago on Saturday so it was nice to soak up a ton of family time!

There are so many old friends I'd like to see while I'm home but since I'm only home for a week, all I feel like doing is snuggling with my family and relaxing. Do any of you feel this way when you go home to visit? That is, if you don't live where you grew up!

I'd love to know how your weekend was, so if you do a weekend update leave the link in the comments :)!

2 notes:

Angie - SewIThought

You picked a good time to visit.... its the weather soo nice for an Arizona May?

Malori

YES! This weather is UNREAL. I've been starting each day by reading in my backyard. I am so grateful :)!

Designed by Steven Andrew.