June 6, 2011

Reading, birthday celebrations, and 127 Hours


It's Monday so you know what that means....It's time for a weekend update!!!

Summer on the Roof

Friday:
Friday seemed lazy but I actually got a lot done. I started the day off by sleeping in... a lot... I didn't wake up until 11:30 which is SO LATE for me. I spent the rest of the day doing homework, watching Grey's Anatomy, and sewing. I ended up going to bed pretty late and feeling a little blue. But that's okay. Not all days can be great!


Saturday:
I woke up much earlier, downed some yummmy breakfast (rice krispies haha), then cleaned my apartment. There's been a lot of moving going on so things were pretty gross but it feels muchhh fresher and cleaner now. I wrote part of a paper for my history class (so...boring...) and finished up my mini-sewing project from the weekend. Saturday night I helped my lovely friend Paige celebrate her birthday. She is pretty great. You might be hearing a lot more about her soon because we're cooking up a little somethin' somethin' for the blog. I finished off the evening with a mushroom and swiss angus burger from McDonald's (YUM!) at 3 in the morning.


Sunday:
I forced myself to relax. I slept in (this requires me to close my blinds before bed, put my phone on silent, and turn off my alarm) then woke up and...watched a movie. I feel SO guilty when I'm not productive but you can't be productive 24/7 so I need to learn how to give myself a break! I watched 127 hours (AMAZING) then finished my history paper. I had more homework to do but it was such a gorgeous day out that I took my book up to my building's rooftop deck and did it outside. It was wonderful to enjoy the sunshine and get some homework done at the same time. By the time I was finished with my reading, I was starving. So I made some cookies (and chicken nuggets too!) then ate my cookies while watching Unique Sweets and painting my nails.

Over the weekend I came up with a few fun ideas for the blog that I hope to implement asap! This week you can look forward to my 5 goal challenge, some delicious pizza, and a little bit of inspiration.

How was your weekend?

4 notes:

brlracincwgrl

I LOVED the movie 127 hours! It was simply amazing!

I'm guilty of not taking time for me. I am trying to incorporate that into my life, slowly!

Sounds like a great weekend!

Malori

Ashley-- I'm not surprised that I'm not the only one who enjoyed it. It was a great movie! I found some parts pretty hard to watch and cried like a baby at the end (of course). But I'm sure I'm not alone with that either ;)

Kenzie

I'll have to see 127 hours since James Franco does go to my school... I saw him again the other day. I was so proud because he really looked like an art student! haha

Malori

Ahhh I forgot he goes to your school. I am so so so jealous. He's GORGEOUS

Designed by Steven Andrew.