August 4, 2011

DIY No-Sew Jersey Bolero


This DIY started off as something completely different (which I'll show you in a different tutorial!) and ended up in something super cute and SO EASY.
DIY Bolero
I really love wearing tank tops. I have them in every color of the rainbow from Forever 21 ($2 each woo!) but sometimes I want to dress them up a little bit. I don't have many cardigans because I'm really picky about the way they fit so I'm always trying to find other ways to add a little bit of interest to them. This is PERFECT and so so easy to make.
DIY Bolero
What you'll need:
-Jersey fabric (I'd get a yard just to be on the safe side)
-scissors
DIY Bolero
How to do it:
1) Fold your fabric in half and cut it into a half circle. I put pins in mine before I cut it so it would be more even.
No Sew Bolero
2) While the fabric is still folded in half, cut another smaller half circle out of the middle of the fabric.
No Sew Bolero
3) Take the pins out (if you used them) and put your arms through the cutout in the center (like you're putting on a backpack). THAT'S IT! You could cut two arm holes if you'd prefer but you'll get a little bit of a different look for the finished product.

Have fun you DIYers.
xoxo
Mal

P.S.
Do you follow Sunday Morning Sugar on Facebook yet? It's a great place for content that doesn't make the blog along with sneak peeks at upcoming posts and a fun forum where we can connect and share! Head on over :).

7 notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly

whoa! what a great DIY! could you just make me one? ;) i'm so bad at DIYs! you look fantastic, malori!

Malori

It's so easy! You could definitely do it :)

mel

i love it, this looks fab on you!
i think i actually have some jersey in the fabric box...

rt r

This is a great project.

Do you know where I can get good jersey fabric online? Is Jersey and jerseyknit the same?

JBird

I am going to try this with fleece.
Also going to try making a longer
cape similar to this one. I love
no-sew clothing!

thedaringtimes

Oh my gosh. I just made one of these for my little girl from an old shirt of her dad's. it's shorter, but she LOVES it. Amazing DIY, and I love it. I plan on making like 3,001. <3

Unknown

Joanne.com

Designed by Steven Andrew.