I'm a big fan of Asian food. My favorite types of food are definitely Italian, Asian, and Cuban so I'm frequently looking for quick and easy ways to prepare dishes with those flavors.
This is definitely one of those dishes. It's a delicious bowl of steamed veggies, baked tofu, and rice which is filling, healthy, and really pretty to look at!
Here's what you'll need:
-1 Cup of Instant Rice
-A bag of mixed veggies (I got mine from Target for $2.00)
-Half a block of Tofu
-One and a Half Tablespoons Soy Sauce
-Sesame Seeds (to taste)
-Two Tablespoons of Peanut Oil
How to do it:
1) Preheat your oven to 375.
2) Cube your tofu. Mine are generally 1/2 in. pieces but as long as your cubes are pretty uniform in size, the exact measurements aren't important.
3) Pour two tablespoons of peanut oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons of soysauce into a baking dish. Dump in your tofu and mix until all of the pieces are coated evenly. Put that in the oven for 15 minutes.
4) After 15 minutes, stir your tofu around then throw it back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
5) Now, start cooking your rice (Mine only took five minutes. Just follow the directions on the box), and preparing your veggies. My veggies were the steam-in-the-bag kind so I threw them in the microwave for 8 minutes then let them set for a minute or so because I didn't want to burn the crap out of my hands.
6) When your tofu is finished cooking, throw it into a bowl with your veggies and rice. Give it a good stir and garnish with the sesame seeds. You can serve it with the sauce of your choosing (it would have been delicious with my pepper sauce from Trader Joe's) but I just stuck with a little bit of soy sauce to finish mine off.