September 12, 2011

Weekend Update


YAY I have a weekend update for you that says more than "went to work". Exciting, riiiight!? Here we go!

IMG_5521
(mustached van at renegade)

Friday:
Went to work... Just kidding :). But really, Friday started off with meeting a blog friend in real life. Mel was on vacation in Chicago for the weekend so we met up and went to the art institute. It was so much fun to meet her and I had a great time hanging out with her. I was only able to spend a few hours with her because I actually did have to work the rest of the day but that's okay. I can't wait to see the photos that she took. The ones that I'm in will be delightfully awkward (I'm superrr uncomfortable when others are taking my pictures so I tend to make really goofy faces). At work I was having a really rough day and spent the first few hours of my shift trying not to cry. Sounds a little dramatic but I hadn't really slept all week and was worrying about the piles of homework waiting for me at home. I think my boss could tell I was having a really rough day so she was really accommodating to my fragile self. She's great :).

Saturday:
I woke up bright and early (I'm SUCH a morning person) and hopped on a train to Lake Forest to watch my big bro play football and hang out with my dad. I love that my brother is close enough to me that I can spend some time with him. I know my college experience would have been COMPLETELY different had we gone to school in different states. The football game was awesome, the tailgate party afterwards was great, and dinner with my dad and bro was a ton of fun too. Saturday night my dad and I spent time together in the city then called it a night because we both had to be up REALLY early the next morning.

Sunday:
I woke up at 6:30 on Sunday to go to a work meeting (and ended up almost being late because the brown line is so unreliable...) I worked through my morning and afternoon but when I got off, I raced to the Renegade Craft Fair with a friend of mine. I should have gone to church but this is my last year to go to Renegade in Chicago and I'm doing my best to take advantage of Chicago opportunities while I still can! I'm glad I went because I had a GREAT time. We browsed the booths and in the end I got this AWESOME letterpress print that definitely deserves its own post. For now, suffice it to say that this print is one of the best things I own. After the fair, I came home, did some laundry, and cooked a bit. Tonight I'm going to try to make some nectarine cobbler so I'm excited to see how that turns out.

How did you all spend your weekend?

xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

Sharmaine Ruth

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Mine probably isn't as exciting as this :) Which is funny cuz i blogged about it yesterday haha...those crazy weekend posts :D

<3 Sharmaine Ruth

mel

I HAD AN AWESOME WEEKEND!
The weather got nicer eventually!
I saw gold sparkly curtains, spent all my money at Renegade, got lost and found the bleeding heart bakery! and the bears won for us!
Insane, I loved Chicago. Home now, it's much more boring.
Thanks for meeting up!
Sad to hear your work day sucked, but yay for nice bosses!

Malori

Sharmaine--I read your weekend update! Your weekend seemed like a great weekend :)

Mel--I had so much fun hanging out with you! I can't wait to read your posts from your trip!

Designed by Steven Andrew.