February 23, 2012

Goat Cheese, Mushroom, and Butt Rub Burger


Anyone who knows me know how serious I am about a good hamburger. Almost every time I go out to eat it's because "I could really go for a burger". I have been to countless burger restaurants and when I have the time I really like to play around with making burgers at home.
Butt Rub Burger
This burger is a result of me trying not to waste any ingredients. I had some leftover mushrooms, goat cheese, and avocado from various recipes and I needed to use them. I decided the best way to make that happen was to make a burger.
Butt Rub Burger
Ingredients:
-1 raw hamburger (I use pre-made frozen patties with angus meat)
-butt rub
-1 pretzel bun
-goat cheese
-1/2 an avocado
-1/4 of an onion, sliced
-3 mushrooms, sliced
-1/2 tbsp. butter
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-Flower Pepper*
-Salt

Make the magic happen:

1) I like to cook my burger on the stove. If you're doing it this way, season your pattie with the butt rub and get cookin'. It'll take the longest.

2) Using toasted buns are so much more delicious than cold buns. My bun is too big for my toaster so I toasted it in my oven. Simply cut your bun open and put it facedown directly onto the middle rack of your oven for a few minutes.

3) While your oven is heating and your burger is cooking, get started on your onions and mushrooms. Melt the butter and olive oil in a pan then throw in your onions and saute for a few minutes. Then add the mushrooms, flower pepper, and salt. Brown your mushrooms then remove from heat.

4) After your burger is cooked and your bun is nice and toasty, it's time to put this bad boy together. Mine sort of fell apart as I ate it so I'd recommend putting your ingredients in this order on the bun: sliced avocado, burger, goat cheese, mushrooms and onions, top of bun.

5) Enjoy the hell out of your burger.

xoxo
Mal

*Flower pepper is one of the best things to happen in my kitchen...ever. It's from Trader Joe's and is pepper with lavender, rose petals, calendula, and cornflower. If you can't buy any I'd recommend trying to make some. It's delicious on salads :).

2 notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly

hehe - i have never heard of butt rub. but everything else in this burger sounds heavenly!

Malori

It is just so so wonderful. Try it! You won't regret it :). I put it on just about everything...

Designed by Steven Andrew.