February 9, 2012

Infused Vodka


Yesterday I found this recipe for bloody marys that pretty much screamed my name. I've always LOVED tomato juice so it's not surprising that a bloody mary is right up my alley. One of the ingredients for this lovely beverage was basil-infused vodka.
basil-infused vodka
I immediately snagged some leaves off of my basil plant and started infusing my vodka. Isn't it gorgeous!?
basil-infused vodka
All you do is pour vodka over fresh basil leaves then seal it up in an airtight container and store it in a cool/dark place for a few days.

I'll let you know how it turns out next week when it's all infused :).

1 notes:

mel

Ooooh yum. Basil vodka would be great for that!
In Canada we drink "Caesar's" which are made with clamato juice - yes tomato juice with clam juice in it, sounds gross but is really tasty.
Will try this soon - extra spicy.
Can't wait to hear how your's tastes!

Designed by Steven Andrew.