February 15, 2012

Valentines Party


I've never really been ALONE on Valentines day. Growing up it was tradition in my family to go out to dinner at those wonderful Asian places that cook on your table (ah my mouth is watering just thinking about it). My freshman year of school I went out to dinner with a bunch of my friends and last year a sweet boy took me out for burgers and we ended our night with some top gear. Being a single lady this year I knew I wanted to do something so I didn't end up binge eating chocolate and throwing things at the tv while watching a romantic comedy marathon.
IMG_6647
IMG_6653
The solution? My roommate and I built a fort, then my friend Emiley came over for pink sparkling wine and heart-shaped grilled cheese. We topped off the night with Chocolat because Johnny Depp is just beyond gorgeous in that movie. It was so much fun and is something I really want to carry on in the future.
IMG_6644
IMG_6652
IMG_6659
The grilled cheese I made was AMAZING. Honey apple butter and rosemary with extra sharp cheddar cheese. I die. You can find the recipe over here. All you need is honey apple butter from trader joes, some fresh rosemary, and a few slices of extra sharp cheddar. Coat both sides with butter and grill that bad boy on a low heat until your cheese is melty-gooey perfection and call it a night.
IMG_6658
How did you all spend your nights?

3 notes:

little

now i really need a grilled cheese.

love, little.

ilene @ muchloveilly

oh my goodness! such a fun creative way to celebrate V-day. love this!

Lego Vignette

Thhis was great to read

Designed by Steven Andrew.