April 17, 2012

Shedd Aquarium and the Jellies

Over the weekend I took my first ever trip to the Shedd Aquarium here in Chicago. I hear it's a place everyone must see and I'm so glad I was finally able to make it. My wonderful friend Emiley scored some free tickets and graciously invited me along. My favorite exhibit, BY FAR, was the jellyfish exhibit. Those little guys are breath-taking. I kept asking our friend Stephanie if she thought I could own a jellyfish and actually keep it alive even though I keep killing my plants. She wasn't too optimistic so I guess I'll have to settle for the pictures I took for now. Excuse the image overload, I couldn't narrow it down...

Shedd Aquarium: Jellies
Shedd Aquarium: Jellies
Shedd Aquarium: Jellies
IMG_7672
IMG_7671
IMG_7660
IMG_7658

I could watch jellyfish for DAYS. They're so beautiful. I'm also pretty proud of how my pictures turned out :).

xoxo
Mal

5 notes:

Claire

wow! who knew the little stingers could be so pretty!!

Fly Anyways.x

Beautiful!! X

mel

They're gorgeous! Now I wish I had gone. Kudos to Shedd for lighting them perfectly - I've been to some that didn't pay attention to that.
Beautiful but creepy little buggers...

Unknown

Your pictures are gorgeous! Jellyfish are my favorite part of an aquarium, and I don't consider one complete without them!
Lillian
Longlostlillian.blogspot.com

Sarahcastically

Wow, these pictures are amazing. I haven't been to an aquarium in forever... I may have to remedy that. :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.