June 18, 2012

Stand Up Paddleboarding


Over the weekend I got a bit wet and wild. One of my adventures involved a paddle-board on the lovely Tempe Town Lake.

paddleboarding
I'm really not a fan of the gym. I think it's a huge chore to work out on machines and I find it pretty intimidating because I don't know how to work most of them. My quest this summer is to find some fun alternatives to keep me fit. When my mom suggested stand up paddleboarding I knew I had to give it a try!
IMG_7554
The verdict? It's a pretty solid workout! My arms are really feeling it and my core got quite the workout as well. In addition, it was really beautiful and anything on the water gets major brownie points in my book.
paddleboarding 2
I know I'm not the only one who hates traditional exercise. Are there any odd workouts you've tried and loved? Please share in the comments! I just signed up for some pole-dancing fitness classes because I've heard it's a REALLY great way to work out! Plus it sounds like something that will induce a lot of laughs which is so so great for my soul.

xoxo
Mal

all images courtesy of Rojo Brothers Photography

4 notes:

Michaela

Have you ever tried yoga? It's a workout you can do at home or at the gym and even while traveling. I actually got the Biggest Loser yoga DVD and the workout is hardcore. I can do it any time of the day, inside or outside. Its awesome! I will have to try stand up paddleboard though...it looks awesome!

Ngaio Emery

I love team sports with my friends, last summer (it's currently winter here) a big group of my friends and I started a summer hockey team (field hockey!) and joined a social club that played on wednesday evenings! It was so much fun and I ended up doing a lot of running each game so it was good fitness too!

I haven't been paddle boarding in such a long time! My goodness, I am ready for winter to be over!

Ngaio May xx

mel

I love dancing, but no one wants to go with me enough/there are no classes within a reasonable price range near me. So I recently cashed in some loyalty points and got a Wii - and have been dancing along with Zumba and Just Dance and so far they're a lot of fun. And whenever I am home with some time alone I blast the stereo and dance like an idiot.

Claire

wow that looks really good! i joined a gym once....but tbh i would rather walk places or ride my bike. i don't understand people who drive to a gym the spend half an hour sweating indoors with a load of other sweaty people when we have a beautiful se front you can walk/cycle/run along!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.