October 20, 2009

Music to my ears

I bought a couple really wonderful cd's recently and I don't want to be the only person enjoying them. Here's your homework.
1)Open your itunes/zune marketplace/car door to drive to your local music selling establishment
2)Find the following cds/songs
3)buy them all and love them as much as I do
Easy enough right?!


The Summer Set's new cd is wonderful. I love every single song on the album and have been listening to it pretty continuously since I bought it. My favorite songs are "The Boys Do (Get Back at You)", "Love Like This", and "Girls Freak Me Out". If you like their full album, I would also highly recommend buying their older stuff. It's all great. Really catchy and so much fun to sing to. The Summer Set can always perk up my day. Plus, they're from my home state on Arizona. What's not to like?!


The second cd you need to check out is the new Paramore album. I have loved everything they have put out and their newest work is no exception. My favorite songs on this album are "Ignorance" and "Brick by Boring Brick", but all of them are truly wonderful.


This next cd doesn't really fit into the genre with the other two I've suggested, but my taste in music is very eclectic. Having said that, the new Jay-Z album is AMAZING. I miss when rappers used to actually rap, and apparently I'm not the only one. This cd is blissfully without the annoying autotune function that so many hip hop artists abuse these days. It even features Kanye West rapping again (like he should be, because that's what he's good at). It's a great CD to exercise with, the beats are creative and the lyrics are innovative. I love Jay-Z :).



Do you like Zooey Deschanel? Did you know she sings sweet sweet songs when she's not behind the camera?! Her musical project, She & Him, is a great collection of low key songs that make my heart happy. It's really easy listening and I am just infatuated with her voice.


Enjoy!!
xoxo Malori

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.