November 14, 2009

I'm a cooking fool!

Hello blog world :)
Recently I've been spending a lot of time in my kitchen (crazy, right?). The other night I cooked up some cajun french fries (Recipe courtesy of Vegan With A Vengeance).

They were super easy to make so I figured I'd share my little step by step. I feel like pictures always make things seem less complicated and scary. So I included some amateur photogs. Here goes:

What you'll need:
-4 large unpeeled russet potatoes
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-3/4 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp ground cumin
-1/4 tsp dried oregano
-1/4 tsp dried thyme
-1/4 tsp cayenne
-1/2 tsp course sea salt

Step 1)
Cut a russet potato into 1/4 in. strips (french fry sized pieces)



Step 2)
Mix up your spices to create your seasoning.



Step 3)
Put a bit of olive oil in a bowl with your potato strips and mix it up so that the oil is coating the potato pieces



Step 4)
Sprinkle in your seasoning and continue mixing the fries so that they are evenly coated




Step 6)
Lay your potato strips out on a cookie sheet. Make sure you don't just throw them into a pile otherwise they'll cook weird and not be as crispy



Step 7)
Throw those bad boys in the oven for 20 minutes. Take them out and turn them over, cook for 10 more minutes.

Step 8)
Voila! Cajun French Fries :). They aren't the prettiest things in the world, but they're really tasty!



They were YUMMY! Neighbor approved :). If you want more yummy recipes be sure to check out "Vegan with a Vengeance" By:Isa Chandra Moskowitz

xoxoxo


0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.