December 12, 2009

I get to go home in exactly ONE WEEK


Arizona Arizona, here I come...in 7 days :).

I know I said I was going to wait until I had more followers to post my first tutorial. But I'm impatient, so here goes!

I'm going to show you how to make a knit bow for your hair. I see them everywhere and I thought it would be fun to show you how to make your own.

Here's what you need:
-yarn in a color of your choice
-needles in the right size for your yarn (it'll tell you what size you need on the yarn)
-Hot glue gun




1) Cast on 15 stitches (depending on the bulk of your yarn, you may want to do more or less.)




2) knit until your bow measures about 1 1/2 in.



3) Next, lay the knit square centered on top of your yarn. Using the yarn, begin to tightly wrap the center of your bow. It helps if you start by tying a knot before you begin wrapping.




4) Once the center of your bow looks sturdy, stop wrapping and grab your glue gun. Cut off the end of the yarn and secure the end with a dot of glue on whichever side of the bow you want to use as the back.




5) You have a cute knit bow! You can use it a bunch of different ways. Attach a clip to the back and wear it in your hair, glue it to a present to spruce up the wrapping, or attach it to other knit items (hats, scarves, etc). Enjoy!



2 notes:

Lindsay

Cute! :)

Can't wait to brainstorm some tutorials together! I say we should do it over coffee!

Malori

I looooove coffee haha. Let's do it :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.