March 21, 2010

I'm home I'm home

And already antsy to get back to school/work. I'm the weirdest person ever. Who can say that they really aren't a huge fan of taking breaks? I feel like I'm wasting time when I'm not doing anything... I need to learn to relax.

I wanted to tell you all that my flight went very well!! I listened to Frank Sinatra the whole time (extremely relaxing) and read a wonderful book cover to cover (with some time to spare!). I got so much done, I even ended up knitting for a while. I feel really accomplished! The book I read was assigned for homework over break but I LOVED it. So much so, that I'm giving it to you as homework. Go out and get a copy of Our America, read it, and tell me how much you love it.

This is a fantastic book about life on the south side of Chicago. It is written by two teens who grew up on the south side and is the most honest account of the ghetto I've ever had the privilege of reading. Have any of you read it? Did you like it?

I spent my first day in down being really busy! I met with some friends who are already headed back to their various schools all over the country today. My spring break didn't line up with theirs, but it was really nice to have a weekend that overlapped so I could see some shining faces of good friends <3. I also visited my old work and shopped for a while. I had some store credit built up and got some fantastic dresses that I cannot wait to debut. I'm trying really hard to incorporate more fashion posts into my blog because it is, after all, my major. Having said that...I'm soaking up every bit of sunshine Arizona is willing to give me. I woke up and FINALLY got a chance to wear the dress my mama bought me for Valentines day. It's SO cute and I gotten about a million compliments on it. I was too lazy to take a picture with my real camera so I also took a close up, as well as the regular picture, for the detail.

dress: target

My plans for the week seem pretty promising. I've got to make some plans/decisions about what I'm going to do with my life this summer. I've got a lot to think about in regards to my living situation this summer and next year. So I want to take a lot of time this week and pray/talk it over with close friends until I come to a decision. I also have some fabric here and I really want to bring you a tutorial (I've had the idea since winter break but I forgot to bring the supplies to school with me) so hopefully I'll pull that together. I want to go on a lot of hikes because the weather is beyond fabulous and I want to soak up as much of it as possible. I'm grabbing various lunches and breakfasts with good friends at my favorite restaurants in the area (I loveeee eating out when I'm in Phoenix). I'm trying to embrace my break even though taking time off isn't my most favorite thing in the world. Perhaps I'll be able to read more books and finish the knitting projects I have lined up? I may be getting a little ambitious...

How do you like to spend your breaks? Does anything in particular make the time go faster for you?

I'll be back tomorrow if I have more to share! Have a wonderful day!
xoxoxoxo
Malori

4 notes:

Anonymous

I am really glad you posted that book, I will go get it! I have a 5 borders bucks at borders! :)

brlracincwgrl

That book sounds really interesting! I'll have to definitely check that one out! And I love your dress, super cute!

chelsea rebecca

i'm gonna need to read that book, it sounds so interesting!
and your dress is so super cute!!

Jess

I really love that dress!

Designed by Steven Andrew.