April 18, 2010

Give Mama Some Suga



Hey kids!
I don't know if you've noticed but it's Sunday and it's 100% beautiful outside today. I wish I was laying in a park reading a book right now (as a matter of fact, I may be headed there after this post). I have homework to do but I'm a huge slacker and reading sounds so much more enticing than writing a paper. In the spirit of my book lust, I'm going to share my all time favorite books for your sugar today.

The Delivery Man
The ending to this book is, hands down, the best end to any book I have ever read. I would read it a million times just to get to that last line. It's wonderful. This is my favorite book.


Fight Club
"Maybe self-improvement isn't the answer.... Maybe self-destruction is the answer."



Grab on to Me Tightly As If I Knew The Way

The fires began with just a few tiny sparks way down deep in places in your heart you never knew existed and they're raging away now all out of control. This day, this moment. What was that poem? So much depends upon the last wild seconds before the kiss, when your veins are a million speedways pumping rocket-fuel blood.
You are standing in a bright field. You are listening to the earth, drawn back like a bow, tasting the stars, the honey, your mouth, the light. To touch her glittery cheek, to step through the screen and scream, the sins, the sinner, the night, the kiss...
Now.
There is nothing else but this moment, this movie, your hand in hers, do it now, kiss her now. No longer afraid to feel to fight to kick out against life to kiss to dream to dance to love to leave home to die to learn to fuck up fall down and forgive..."


The Catcher and the Rye
"All morons hate it when you call them a moron."


The Time Traveler's Wife
"The compelling thing about making art - or making anything, I suppose - is the moment when the vaporous, insubstantial idea becomes a solid there, a thing, a substance in a world of substances."



A Piece of Cake
"Always remember the acronym for "FEAR" can mean one of two things: Fuck Everything And Run or Face Everything And Recover."


Tweak
“I felt like everyone else had gotten this instruction manual that explained life to them, but somehow I’d just missed it. They all seemed to know exactly what they were doing while I didn’t have a clue”



The Virgin Suicides
"He tasted first the grease of her Chap Stick, then the sad Brussels-sprout flavor of her last meal, and past that the dust of lost afternoons and the salt of tear ducts. The peach schnapps faded away as he sampled the juices of her inner organs, all slightly acidic with woe."


Perks of Being a Wallflower
"And I thought that all those little kids are going to grow up someday. And all of those little kids are going to do the things that we do. And they will all kiss someone someday. But for now, sledding is enough. I think it would be great if sledding were always enough, but it isn't."


The books I'm currently working on are Up in the Air, The Year of Magical Thinking, and Rant. I usually read more than one book at a time, I'm not sure why. There are just too many good books to take them one at a time I suppose...

I'll be back tomorrow with the much anticipated knitting post!! I can't wait :)

xoxo
Malori

2 notes:

Ashley

Ah! I love sooo many of these books too! Perks of Being a Wallflower has been my favorite book for years. I love the way it is written.

I actually bought The Delivery Man a while back and have yet to read it. Now I think I will have to get into it soon! I have so many books to read as of right now! So many books, so little time. :)

brlracincwgrl

Ahh, I haven't read any of these books yet! More to add to my list!

Right now I'm reading, "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, it's amazing!

Designed by Steven Andrew.