April 28, 2010

Hello again!

I don't usually post twice in one day (actually I don't really ever do that). I try to save my excitement about things for a separate post because I'm always worried I'll run out of ideas for posts and won't have anything to give you if I post about my evening activities as they happen. But screw that. I wanted to stop by again tonight and tell you what I've gotten done this afternoon because I AM SO PROUD!

I have owed some people knit goods for EVER now and I finally finished two of my four major projects. I already shared a picture of the flower I knit, that was one of the projects. I attached it to a hair clip and it will be in the mail tomorrow afternoon. The second project I made was this tiny scarf that can be secured with a button or cute brooch for those chilly winter days. It has an ADORABLE checkerboard pattern. I tried to get a picture of it but I don't know how clear it really is.



Also, I studied like crazy for my art history test tomorrow. I'm not so good with dates so I have to put a lot of work into memorization for these tests. Wish me luck! I'm nervous...

I also found time to paint my nails, clean my kitchen, vacuum, write letters to my friends, and cook a DELICIOUS dinner. I didn't take pictures of it because I literally inhaled it but I wanted to share the recipe because my roommate and our friend Eric (who both make fun of literally everything I eat) even complimented me on how delicious this pizza was. Here's what you need...

-Pizza crust (I use the Jewel Osco brand. It's in the refrigerated section, you just break open the tube it comes in a roll it into the pan)
-Pesto
-Mozzarella
-Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage (I got mine from Trader Joes)
-Onion (optional)

1) Roll out the pizza crust. You can make it thick crust or thin crust. I prefer mine thin
2) Generously apply the pesto to the crust. You're using pesto instead of sauce so make sure it's evenly coated otherwise the pizza will taste bland in the spots you missed.
3) Sprinkles the mozzarella over the pesto.
4) Cut the chicken sausage and apply evenly throughout the pizza. I prefer thinner slices of the sausage but it's really a personal choice.
5) Cut up little slivers of onion and strategically place them around the pizza. If you don't like onion you don't need to add them. I just love onion and had some leftover in my fridge that I wanted to use.
6) Place the pizza in the oven for 15-18 minutes (or as long as the packaging tells you to cook the crust).

That's it! It was WONDERFUL. I think that the next time I make it I'll add more ingredients. I firmly believe that you can put just about anything on pizza crust. I think that this particular recipe would taste really good with some tomato on it. I also really like garlic and I'd be curious to see how garlic would taste on it. Go and make some, it's really yummy and affordable.

That's all for now, I'll be back tomorrow!
xoxoxo
Malori

2 notes:

Courtney

Wow Malori! Way to get tons of stuff done! Awesome. So jealous of your knitting prowess.

brlracincwgrl

Wow you were productive! :). I wish I could knit, I really need to try and teach myself! I wonder if I'm that patient? That pizza sounds yummy, I was planning on making BBQ Chicken Pizza tonight for supper!

I'll have to put your recipe down to try!

Designed by Steven Andrew.