April 27, 2010

Johnny Cupcakes

Yesterday I was researching for a project for my Intro to Marketing class when I came across the Johnny Cupcakes website. I've been familiar with the brand for years but I've never invested any time into learning about how Johnny Cupcakes came to be. After I read his story, I was so inspired that I knew I had to share with all of you :).


If you have a spare moment, I would really recommend reading the entire story here. But if you don't, I'll recap the best I can!

The company started out of the suitcase of a young band member who always knew he didn't want to work a 9-5 job. With virtually no advertising, he created a multi-million dollar business that stays 100% true to his original vision. He dropped out of college after one semester because he didn't drink or party and realized that college was too much about the social mishaps than the learning. I'm not planning on dropping out of college, but I am in awe of his ability to create his wonderful business in the way he did. Please go read and fall in love with his success story.

Do any of you ever think about what your success story would be? I think about it all the time because I'm a dreamer.

I'll see you tomorrow :). I have oodles of homework that I need to catch up on so that I can have fun when my weekend rolls around.

xoxoxo
Malori

4 notes:

chelsea rebecca

ahh i love johnny cupcakes!!!
i used to go their website everyday in highschool! and i even have some shirts of his. he has to COOLEST and most INSPIRING story! i love it!!

Consider my dear

I think he's coming to bleeding heart bakery (Roscoe Village location) Friday. Just to let ya know :)

Malori

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! I must go. Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention!

Consider my dear

Glad to help <3

Designed by Steven Andrew.