April 22, 2010

Running Behind...

I feel like I've shared so many other blogs with you recently, but that's not going to stop me from sharing yet another regular read. Every day I like to stop by Smile and Wave to see what's going on in the fabulous life of Rachel. She has two beautiful kids, a ridiculous amount of talent, and a good eye for all things inspirational and wonderful. She recently posted a quick little questionnaire and I wanted to fill it out for myself and extend the invitation to you as well! If you answer the questions, leave me a comment with a link to the post so that I can get to know you a little better :).


1. When do you feel happiest?
Being a homebody I'd say I'm happiest when I'm snuggled up with a good project (or book...or man) just enjoying what I'm doing. I also adore that sunshine :)


2. How do you take care of yourself?
I have a lot on my plate pretty much all the time. In order to keep it all balanced, I try to keep some sort of consistency throughout my days. I take a lot of baths, read great books, knit, bake, exercise, and watch movies. I think it's really important to set aside time for yourself so whenever things begin to feel overwhelming, I take a step back and take care of myself!

3. Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated?
It's a combination of both. I definitely have a strong drive and a lot of determination that comes from within but I also love to prove people wrong. So whenever I come across someone who doubts my ability to succeed, I take a mental note and set out to show them how wrong they are. I'm a little bit competitive :)

4. What do you do for fun?
Big question! I love all things crafty, knitting, swimming, road trips, cooking, movie marathons with my roomie, taking silly pictures of myself, scouring the internet for inspiration, exercising, playing catch, going on picnics, reading in the park, and soo much more.

5. What intimidates you?
I am intimidated by new things. That sounds silly because I love trying new things, but it takes a LOT of positive self-talk for me to actually step outside my comfort zone. I like my routine...I'm kind of a grandma

6. What is something you're proud of?
I'm proud of myself because I do what I say I'm going to do. I made a decision two years ago that I was going to stop saying "I wish" unless I actually planned to do something about it and I've been following through ever since. It's not easy!

7. Finish this sentence. I never _____________.
would have guessed that I would be living in Chicago going to an art school for college. I guess you never really know what life has in store for you.

8. Favorite vacation spot.
It's cliche but I adore California. I've been going there for vacations my whole life and no matter where I go, it is still my favorite place to be.

9. Today is a (rate from 1 - 10).
6 (I'm feeling a little under the weather)

10. Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you'd know _____________.
ooo this is a tough one...I suppose I'll finish it with "I'm not going to stop until I'm at the top".

I also wanted to share with you some work that I have been doing for class. We photographed our projects in my 3-D design class on Tuesday and I want to show you all how I spend my time.

The first project we had to do was sort of an introductory project. We had to choose an object that signified something about our personalities (light bulb=optimism) then build a wire and plaster form to fit around it, either a metal or plastic form for around that, and finally a wooden structure to house all the other forms. Sort of a nesting-doll type situation. The theme of mine ended up being "go green" or however you'd like to phrase it. It wasn't planned that way but that's definitely the vibe I ended up with.



The second project we did was an exploration of body space. We were to examine body movement and how we alter the space on/around our bodies then build something to signify that. For this project, I thought about what most often alters my body space and I realized that as an artist, it is whatever medium I choose to work with. So I decided to make gloves that would fit perfectly over my hands out of crayon, then draw with them. After a lot of failed attempts and burning my hands more times than I'd care to count, I came up with three left crayon hands. They're really neat :)


I'm off to tackle a lengthy to-do list for the rest of the afternoon. Seems like my weekends are full of those...

See you all tomorrow :)
xoxoxoxo
Malori

1 notes:

Anonymous

cute blog - so glad i found you :D

Designed by Steven Andrew.