July 15, 2010

Baking and Business

Hello world,

Today I took the day off of work and got a lot done. It was really refreshing to have a day to myself and I took full advantage of it. Let's break it down :)


I am going to knit his scarf and her hat.

I saw despicable me this morning and it was FABULOUS. I went with my brothers and we were basically the only ones in the theater (a family with three kids was there as well). I am certain that I enjoyed the movie about a billion times more than any of the kids who were there. It is hilarious. I can't wait to own it. Everyone should go see it ASAP!

When we got home, I finished knitting an adorable child's hat for my shop. It has a LOT of color, which usually scares me, but I think it turned out pretty cute!

Next, I baked what appear to be some DELICIOUS brownies. I had all the fixins and was armed with my hummingbird bakery cookbook. I have not tried them yet (waiting until after dinner) so I'll let you know how they turned out tomorrow.

Update: BEST BROWNIES EVER! SUCCESS!

As soon as I finished the brownies, I set to work on some Lasagna for dinner. I used my Aunt's award winning recipe (yes, she actually won an award for it) and it's in the oven as we speak. I've had this before, so I can tell you with confidence that it's delicious. Here's the recipe:

9 Lasagna Noodles (8oz)
2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Nonstick spray coating
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lg. jar of spaghetti sauce
1 (6oz) container low fat cottage cheese
1 (4oz) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup light dairy sour cream

Cook noodles, drain. Mash one can of beans; set aside. Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking spray; add onion and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender, but not brown. Add mashed beans, unmashed beans, and suace; heat through.
In large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream; set aside.
Spray 3 qt. rectangular baking dish with nonstick spray. Arrange 3 noodles in dish. Top with 1/3 of bean mixture. Spread with 1/3 of cheese mixture. Repeat layers, ending with bean and remaining cheese mixture. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Makes 8 main-dish servings. Low in calories and fat. Excellent!!

After I threw that delicious lasagna in the oven, I discovered that my business cards had arrived. I AM THRILLED! Look how perfect they are!



After dinner, I'm going to edit some photos for my mini shop update this Saturday. I'm really excited for it and you should be too!! I'm going to donate $.50 from each sale to Team Sole Sisters. My mom is a part of this running group and the money raised goes to a great organization. Read about it if you have the time. If you'd like to donate on your own, my mom's name is Kim Ungvarsky. Please donate to her account so she can reach her fundraising goal.

WOW this was a long post. I'll let you go you.
xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

Anonymous

i LOVE days off of real work, to do fun, crafty baking "work"! your cards look SO fabulous, i love MOO!

Unknown

Hello from Birmingham! I would love to visit Chicago one day! :) I saw Despicable Me the last week and I fell in love! "It's so FLUFFY!"

Following you now kind lady. :)

Malori

Cheryl: I love Moo so much. I'm already ordering another set of business cards. They're wonderful :)

Michele: I'm glad you liked it too!! I'm happy to have you around!

Designed by Steven Andrew.