July 14, 2010

Hey there Wednesday

Hellllllooooo!!

I'm working on some fun accessories for the shop. I am DETERMINED to do a mini mid-summer post THIS SATURDAY! I am really excited about this :). You should be too!!!

As promised, I wanted to share more of my weekend with you today.
First:
I tried (and FAILED) to make some blondies. I left them in the oven too long and they burnt :(. Here's a picture of my disappointing white chocolate treat. Luckily, I have enough ingredients left over to try again :). Anyone who has made brownies from scratch before, do you have any tips? I'd love to hear them!

(sad little blondies)

Second:
Yesterday I wore one of my new dresses. The only people here to take pictures for me are boys and they dread it. Thus, when I finally pry them off the couch with bribes about what I'll give them if they snap a few pictures of me, I end up in front of ugly backgrounds. Ignore that please.


dress: Trina Turk
shoes: gilt


Finally:

I used to put blogs I read daily on my bookmarks toolbar. Needless to say, it has gotten a bit out of control (I ran out of room on the toolbar itself months ago and had to use a little pulldown menu to find the rest of my daily reads). It was only getting worse because I kept finding all these amazing blogs that I wanted and NEEDED to keep up with. So I finally gave it... I deleted all my bookmarks off of the toolbar insanity and gave in to using my google reader. I have to say, I don't hate it! I actually am really excited that I can keep up with all of the wonderful blogs out there whether or not they fit on my toolbar. If you don't use it yet, I would definitely recommend giving it a try!

I think I may go see Despicable Me tonight. I AM PUMPED!

xoxo
Mal

5 notes:

Emma-Jayne

I struggled with brownies to start with but these are AMAZING!
White choc n raspberry brownies.
1/2 cup butter
4 oz. white chocolate baking bar or squares, cut up
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Dash salt
1 cup fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan.

In small heavy saucepan, melt butter and HALF of the white chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

In medium bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer (I don't have one so I do it old school, by hand!) on medium to high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat about 3 minutes or until thickened.

Add melted white chocolate mixture, flour, salt, and vanilla. Beat just until combined.
Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces and remaining white chocolate.
Spread batter in prepared pan.

Bake about 30 minutes or until top is evenly browned. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Store, covered, in refrigerator.

Of course you can leave out the raspberries and almonds for a basic white choc brownie. I found that by reducing heat by 10 degrees I got a lovely sticky gooey centre to the brownies.
May have to go make some of these now as I am minding how tasty they are.

Emma-Jayne
xox
p.s just discovered your blog today and it is going in my huuuge blog list :)

Unknown

Haha, I used to use the bookmarks bar for all of my blogs, too, before switching to Google Reader. GR is convenient because it lets you know when the blogs are updated, whereas the bookmarks bar you kind of just have to guess. So it's nice.

I'm sorry to hear your blondies didn't come out quite right, but I've had that happen with plenty of things I've baked. Unfortunately, I have no useful advice other than to keep at it.
I still think they look nice, though!

Malori

Emma-Jayne: Those sound wonderful beyond all reason. My mouth is watering already :). I'll have to give them a try!! And welcome!!

Sonya: They do look alright, don't let that fool you. They were definitely burnt haha. I'll try them again though :). I'm not deterred!

richelle jean

there is a restaurant near my home called applebees, and their blondies are AMAZING!

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/510/Applebees_White_Chocolate_Walnut_Blondie31132.shtml

give it a try! :)
i think i just might!

Malori

WHAT! APPLEBEE'S BLONDIE RECIPE!? I cannot wait to try that. They do have amazing blondies, I will agree :). Thank you!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.