July 30, 2010

Mounting projects, no ambition

I have been completely exhausted this week for some reason and I can't seem to muster up the energy to do anything productive. I have some knitting custom orders that I need to finish up ASAP, a few bloggy things that need to get done, and SO MUCH WORK for the introduction of my knits in a little over a month. On top of all that, I'm going to need to start packing soon so that when I move at the end of August I'll have everything. It's insanity. I'll get it all done, but I'm going to need to find energy somewhere!

How have all of you been? I really feel like I've been so absent this week. Such a slacker! I feel like I've been endlessly busy but I have nothing to show for my work. I spent a few hours on Wednesday night helping my mom with some fundraising she needs to do. She runs for an organization called Chances for Children and is trying to raise $1000 for them. I tied cute "thank you" tags that I made onto 100 tootsie pops with sweet little bows. They look adorable but it took FOREVER. If you'd like to donate to my mama and help her (by contributing to this INCREDIBLE organization) click here.

I've also been working on making some Sunday Morning Sugar flyers that I can hang up around town (in coffee shops and whatnot). They're going to be so cute. I'll make a pdf version of them and if you'd like, I'll send it to you so you can hang one around your town too!

Today I left work a little early, snagged some super fine flour, and set to work making some pasta.


I kneaded it for a while (man alive! You have to be seriously buff to make pasta)...


Then I started rolling it...


Then my dad helped me cut it...


And finally we hung it up on my brand new pasta rack to dry!


I cooked up my first batch and oh sweet baby jesus.... it is GOLD. I am officially addicted to making pasta. I CAN'T BE STOPPED! Expect to see wayyy too many posts about different kinds of pasta I create. Here's a picture of it cooked...


Before I head off to my craft cave for the night, I wanted to give a shout out to Justine and say thank you for the mention on her blog. So sweet :). I also want to say hello to my new followers (many of whom found me through Justine!)

xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

Unknown

Ooo, that pasta looks wonderful! I'm glad to hear it turned out so well. :)

brlracincwgrl

That pasta looks incredible!

Astrid

NOM! All I have to say ;)
looks fantastic!

Designed by Steven Andrew.