July 7, 2010

New Project

Anyone who knows me knows that I always have about a million things going on at a time. I always read 4 or 5 books at once, am in the middle of 6 or 7 knitting projects, and when I watch TV or a movie it's EXTREMELY rare for me to actually pay attention only to the movie. Generally I'm working on some kind of a project while it's on. To some, this may seem like something that's not so productive (I understand your point of view, really, I do!) but I love it! I love that as I work my way through all the books, I can read whatever I'm in the mood for at that moment rather than forcing myself to get through a book just so I can move along. Same goes for other projects. I like the slow process and I love that a whole cluster of things tend to finish up at about the same time. Having said that, I want to tell you all that I started yet another project this afternoon.

If you've been a reader for a while, you may have come to realize that I am really focused on my future. I thought it would be fun to use a shadowbox frame to create a sort of inspiration/vision board for long term goals I have. I want to hang it up in my new home so that I'll always have a reminder to work hard for my goals. I'm pretty excited about it! I would share a picture but it's just an empty frame right now. Nothing too exciting :). When it's finished I'll definitely share.

Speaking of finished projects....

I made this chunky scarf while I was in bed all last week. As much as I hate to do this, I took a quick picture with photobooth so I could share. I keep forgetting to take a good picture of it while there's still enough light out so this will have to do for now. I love the color :)!! And the yarn is SOOO soft. I'm working on another one right now in the same color but with a different (more creative) stitch pattern. I can't wait to see how it turns out.


That's all I have for now.
Have a wonderful night
xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

Ashley

I love your scarf! The color is amazing!

I can't wait to see your shadowbox. What a great idea!

Malori

Thank you! The yarn is SO SOFT. I don't know if you're a knitter but if you are, you should check it out :). Spud and Chloe!

Anonymous

I love that scarf. I want to buy one when you open up shop!

Designed by Steven Andrew.