July 6, 2010

Who has....?

What has two thumbs and finally feels better?

THIS GIRL!!!!


Oh sweet baby jesus, this has been a journey. Turns out the reason it was taking me SO LONG to feel better was the fact that I had a dry socket. I got it all patched up this morning and now I feel about a billion times better. I'm ready to get back out into the world and be productive again! YAY!!

Last night, when I was still feeling terrible, I thought to myself "What is a surefire way to perk up your day Mal?" The only answer to this question was obvious. I needed to bake up a little treat :). So I pulled a barstool up next to my sink and baked some fresh red velvet cupcakes. Can we just talk about how delicious they are?




The rest of today, I'm going to be cleaning my room, washing my sheets, finishing up a few crafty things, and basically getting my life back together. When I come back tomorrow, I would really like to share a peek at one of the the scarves I've been working on for my shop opening.

Also, I've been thinking about accepting some custom requests for knit items. It takes me a while to make quality things so if I accepted 15 or 20 orders right now for fall/winter/any kind of knit items, they would all be done in time for cooler weather. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, I may stock my shop with some custom items and you can send me an email with the specifications you have in mind. We'll negotiate a price and whatnot before you make your purchase! Let me know what you think. Also, I've been making some really cute headbands. I was thinking of throwing a few of these in the shop as well. What do you think?

xoxo
Mal

2 notes:

Anonymous

1. im glad you are feeling better!
2. i would like the recipe for those cupcakes
3. i loveee making headbands like that. im wearing one of my crochet ones as we speak and i am in love with making them, its so easy and fast.
4. im excited about your shop opening.

Malori

The recipe is in the Hummingbird Bakery book. Buy it now :)!!

Designed by Steven Andrew.