September 8, 2010

Back to School...

My first class was this morning..or..well...it was supposed to be this morning. I got all dressed up, curled my hair, threw on my favorite pair of black heels and set off for my first day of my sophomore year. The class I was headed to was art history. I'm not sure if I've shared here yet, but I decided to change my major months ago and never got around to officially changing it at the school. My new major is Marketing and as such, I am no longer required to take Art History II. Praise the lord!! I decided I'd give it a try anyways but from the moment the syllabus hit my hands I knew it was NOT a class I wanted to be in. Sooo... like the responsible student I am, I got the hell out of there, went immediately to the counseling office and changed my major. I also dropped two of my classes and picked up two major specific classes. I'm really excited about my schedule now and I can't wait to go to my actual first class tomorrow morning!

Yesterday everything that I've done this past week finally caught up to me. All of the long days of driving/moving/furnishing/unpacking/grocery shopping/organizing/not sleeping took it's toll and I spent most of the day in bed watching How I Met Your Mother. It was nice to relax and I think I really needed the break.

My goal for this week is to apply to as many jobs as possible and hope like hell that someone will hire me. I really need the money and it'd be a really productive way to fill my time. It's also nice to have the responsibility and somewhere I have to be that isn't my apartment or class. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sorry this post was all text and not really cohesive. I have some things I want to share with you later in the week so things will get more exciting around here. No worries :).

xo
Mal

1 notes:

Courtney

You are sooo funny! I LOVED Art History (and I was actually in AH1/2 honoros classes!
It's nice to know that certaing majors don't ahve to take classes that genuinely don't relate to their major though. Good luck on your sophomore year!

Designed by Steven Andrew.