September 10, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

I started this blog. I thought for my official one year it'd be fun to do a little comparison. It never fails to amaze me exactly how much can change in just one year. Given, this past year was a monumental one what with starting college and moving across the country. But that's beside the point! I've been working on this post for a while because I really wanted to compare and contrast and I decided the best way to do that was to break it down.

1) My appearance:
September 10th 2009

September 10th 2010


2)School:
Last Year-
My first day of school in college was pretty fun. I only had one class and it was french and I was so nervous for it. I had no idea what to expect and I tested out of the elementary french level so I was really nervous about how much of the language I would remember. Turns out I remembered enough to get me through day one and everyone else in the class was at the same spot as me. I met a really friendly Sophomore while I was waiting for class to start (I got there like a half an hour early because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find the room or building) and he gave me some helpful pointers about school.

This Year-
With a year of school under my belt, I'm nowhere near as nervous about going back to school. I'm taking my first sewing class ever and I'm pretty excited about it. I also changed my major to marketing when I realized that my love for the fashion industry revolved around things like hang tags, labels, ads, and branding. I'm really excited to study the other side of fashion this year and I'm happy to be settled into the right major path.

3) Home:
Last Year-
I lived in the dorms. Here are some photos of my first room (photobooth pictures because I forgot my camera cord in Phoenix lol).




Halfway through the year I moved to a smaller room on the same floor of my building. I figured I'd share some photos of that as well.

This Year-
I moved into my first real apartment. I am so excited to keep decorating and make this space my own. You can see an overview of my new home in this post.


I want to say thank you to everyone who has left me a sweet comment, read my posts, suggested my blog to a friend, or supported me in any other way. I can't even begin to express how much I love all of you. It's so amazing to have a place like this where I can be held accountable for all things creative. You are all so amazing. Thank you for being with me through my first year. There will be many more to come :).

xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

Ashley

Congratulations on your blog anniversary!

It's always interesting to see how much can change in a year!

And your hair got so long! :)

Unknown

congratulations on your blogiversary!!

Emma

look how far you've come!! congrats girl!

Designed by Steven Andrew.