November 19, 2010

Waiting for the Plane to Leave


I feel like every time I have to fly I end up on a flight that is delayed. I, unlike most, loathe flying. I hate the ambiance of the airport, I hate the cramped seats on the plane, and rather than feeling free up in the air I feel trapped and anxious. I have a couple pre-flight and in-flight rituals that keep me calm but I'm almost always a grumpy flyer...no fixing that part. Since I'm bored I figured I'd post (and I thought it'd be a good idea to post because I have not done so today).

This morning I finished my second sewing project ever and I am SO proud of my work. I made a pair of shorts with pockets and a zipper! I'm pretty impressed with myself, even though they are grandma shorts (we use a standard pattern in a sample size in class). I am making my very first sewing DIY for you all right now and I'll post that as soon as it's appropriate (read: after Thanksgiving when you can officially decorate for Christmas). I'm really excited about it :)!

In other news, I am in charge of thanksgiving dessert this year and I've narrowed down the menu choices to the following:

Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies

Classic Pecan Pie (for my dad!)

Lavender Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pumpkin Pie (it's a classic!)

What are your favorite sweet treats for Turkey day? I'd love to have some input!
xo
Mal

P.S.
I am being featured over on Much Love, Illy today because I'm a sponsor over there! Go check out Ilene's blog and her sweet, sweet compliments about me (I'm blushing!).

1 notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly

these all look so yummy!!! im a definite fan of pumpkin pie - yum!!

aw glad you enjoyed the post! you deserve it and more, girl!! keep up the good work. :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.