December 26, 2010

Dream a Little Dream


I'm going to combine day three of my challenge with your Sunday Quote today so I can share some holiday things throughout the week :). Hereeee we go!



"A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true"
-Cinderella


DAY THREE: Your Dream

What a fantastic question!

If you're a regular reader, you know I've got big plans for my life. Who doesn't!? We all want to grow up to be fabulously happy, famous, and wealthy. We all have visions of getting paid a lot for doing a little and giving to charity/volunteering in our spare time, right?

Instead of directing you towards my yearly goals, I thought it'd be fun to share some of my long-term goals.

1) Find a career that makes me happy, and be the best at it

I am an extremely work-oriented young lady. My career is extremely important to me and is my number one goal. A lot of people think this is a little sad and that something like family or helping others should be my number one. But this is my blog and I'm going to tell you the truth here! Work is first. I find work to be extremely fulfilling and I can't even imagine how wonderful it will be when I'm doing something full time that I'm passionate about.

2) Meet a guy who treats me well, trick him into marrying me ;)

I DO want to be married. Even though my career is number one, having a family is also extremely important to me. I don't want kids until I'm in my 30's but I'd love to get married a bit younger than that. I have a notoriously horrendous track record with the boys in my life so it'd be really nice to meet someone who treats me well. If I can convince him to stick with me forever, that'd be even better! Then we can make some cute babies!

3) Find Financial Stability

In high school I was AWFUL at saving my money. I was even more awful at not spending more than I had. My parents had to pay some SERIOUS overdraft fees on more than one occasion (thanks mom and dad!). When I got a job my senior year of high school I spent all of my money on clothes, shoes, and eating out with friends. I didn't overdraft as often but was still spending my money frivolously. Now that I'm on my own, I'm determined to learn how to be responsible with my money. Each paycheck I get from my new job is split between my savings and checking account (20% goes directly into my savings). I know that I can be responsible with my money and that if I spend less now, I'll have more later when I want to do things like buy a house and support my family. This is an extremely important goal. I don't need to be rich (though it'd be nice) but I do want to manage my money well!

4) Complete my Bucket List

I have a bucket list. I feel like I should probably share it with you all, huh? We'll get there someday :). For now, just know that I would LOVE to be able to scratch everything off my bucket list. I love lists and I get so excited when I complete tasks on the various lists I make for myself. It's only fitting that one of my life goals is completing all the tasks on my ULTIMATE list.

That's all kids. I feel like that was a lot of text to read! I do have some smaller goals (you can read about them on my goals page and I even tell you about a lot of my monthly/daily goals here) but I thought it'd be best to stick with the biggest ones :).

What are your goals? I love to know more about my readers so feel free to post about your own goals and leave the link for me to read! Or, just tell me your goals in a comment!

love love,
Mal

0 notes:

Designed by Steven Andrew.