January 28, 2011

Annnnd breathe...


Talk about hectic. School started for me this week and I got a peek into what my next 15 weeks are going to be. They are going to be FULL. Here's a little recap/look into my schedule. And since I hate to post anything without a picture, here's a little picture of me haha. I'm sure you were all dying to see me anyways ;).


MONDAY

I have three classes on Monday. Nine hours of learning fun!

My first class is Oral Expression. My professor for this class seems to be a really cool guy. He seems laid back and was really encouraging to people who expressed apprehension about public speaking. I LOVE public speaking and I'm pretty excited about this class. In high school I was on our Speech and Debate team and I actually won a bunch of tournaments and awards for public speaking so I think I'll do just fine in here. We only have to give like 5 speeches the whole semester so I think it's going to be a breeze.

My second class is Brands and Branding. I am a little bit obsessed with the concept of branding which makes me feel like a dork but is also reassuring because it means I'm in the right major :). My teacher for this class is wonderful. She is really experienced and has a very interactive teaching style. She also helped develop most of the classes in my department so that's awesome.

My last class on Monday is Introduction to Sales and Sales Management. I LOVE THIS CLASS! My teacher quoted the fucking Wu Tang Clan. I died. "Cash Rules Everything Around Me C.R.E.A.M get the money! Dolla dolla billz y'all!!". It's going to be an AMAZING class and most closely relates to what I want to do when I graduate so I'm excited for the experience. I don't think I need to say anything more about this teacher. I mean, any teacher who quotes the Wu Tang Clan is good in my book.

TUESDAY

I only have one class on Tuesday--Consumer Behavior. My professor for this class is also all kinds of experienced. This class seemed to drag on a bit but I'm going to blame that on my longggg day Monday and the fact that only like two lights were on in the classroom which created the perfect sleepy atmosphere. This atmosphere is awesome for naps but not so great for learning. I am really excited about the projects lined up for this class. We're doing a lot of anthropological studies which I believe are fascinating.

After class on Tuesday I came home to grab some lunch then I headed to work for 5 hours. Recently I've been bringing a book with me to work for times when it's slow and as a result I've been plowing through books. I've read two this week and finished one last week as well. I'll do a post about all these books soon enough :).

When I got home from work I put on my tennis shoes and worked out a bit. Third day in a row baby!!

WEDNESDAY

I only have one class on Wednesdays too. My Wednesday class in Introduction to Public Relations. My teacher is cool as hell. He spent the three hour class telling us stories about his work and life. This man is FASCINATING and has lived a seriously cool life. He started a wildly successful PR firm, has done PR for 34 political campaigns and won 30 of them, and he even did PR for the POPE. I can't wait to see what is in store for me on Wednesdays because I am already in love with this class.

After class I met with some ladies from my Oral Expression class to work on our group speech due on Monday. I had a blast. I also got a free cookie from Panera which was heavenly. I'll be attempting to make some shortbread cookies ASAP.

I had another 5 hours of work on Wednesday so after my group project I went to work. I read a lot, sold a lot of stuff, and cleaned a bit :). When I got home I was toooooooo tired to work out so I took it easy.

THURSDAY:

My last class of the week is on Thursday and it's another class that I was really excited to take. I got my English credits out of the way in high school (Thanks D.Boggs!) but I still have to take one writing intensive class and a literature class. I chose to take Intro to Creative Non-Fiction Writing because I would lovee to write a memoir someday. When I got to class I found out that it isn't a writing intensive class, it's a literature class. But that's okay because it still seems like it's going to be awesome. My teacher is hilarious and really laid back so I can tell we'll get along just fine.

I didn't have to work on Thursday so I got some homework done and cooked a lotttt. I made the most delicious hamburger I've ever eaten in my life AND prepared a bunch of veggie burgers that I ended up trying tonight (so good I ate two!). I'll have separate posts about each of those endeavors because they're too good to pass up :). After dinner I did a bit more homework then spent some time with my friend Ben watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid since I've never seen it before.

FRIDAY:

That brings us to today. I woke up somewhat early this morning, poached a few eggs and read some of my Brands & Branding book. Then I went to work for a while and now I'm home again bloggin'. I feel like I'm being super lazy so maybe I'll go to the gym once I post this :). I have some really fun plans for tomorrow and an exciting announcement to make ASAP...maybe Sunday? Regardless, it's going to be great!


If you read all of that I'll be shocked. I realized at work the other day that when I journal I never write about the day-to-day events in my life. It's mostly just teen angsty things about boys and being heart-broken or killin' bitches ;). So I decided I'm going to try and talk more about what my life is really like rather than only writing about the dramatic emotional roller-coaster that most young adults are riding.

Here's to having a wonderfully relaxing weekend and spending time with some people that I love :)

xo
Mal

2 notes:

Danielle

I read it all. I'm living vicariously through you, school wise, until school starts for me! So it made me excited. :) And my life is also a dramatic roller coaster, so I'm trying to blog about it less because I'm sick of it. haha. So I know the feeling.

xo,
Danielle (www.homesweethomecupcakes.com)

Elizabeth

wow! it sounds like you have some great classes that you like!! (I read it all, too! haha)
I can't believe that you have 3 hour classes though! Man, and I thought an hour and half was long!!! (I have 1 3hr class 2x a week, but it's photography so part is being taught stuff and the other part is being in the actual dark room/lab time)
have a great weekend!!! :D

Designed by Steven Andrew.