January 5, 2011

Mas Tamales


So I do this silly thing where I try to space out my "good" posts. It's sort of like when you buy something really awesome and save it for a special day then you find it in a drawer like 5 years later and realize that you never actually used it. Anyways, I'm really a homebody so when I do exciting things I like to save my posts about them for boring weeks. I'm going to try harder to just do more exciting things. That way I won't have to save them up :). So.....

mas tamales
A few days after Christmas, my mom and I went to her college roommate's house to make tamales. Apparently I've gone with my mom before to make them but I have no recollection of this. There were a bunch of lovely ladies working on the ol' assembly line. I grabbed a margarita and watched the process for a while then I jumped in!
tamales
mom and I
tamales
Finished product
This is my mama and her old roomie!
mom and yo
Me and her kids
me and the girls

I grew up always going to Auntie Yo's house for all sorts of fun events like giant Easter egg hunts, fun pool parties, tamale-fixin, and many other events. These people are like family to me! I had so much fun making tamales. Even though I'm REALLLY white (got made fun of all day) I think I'd like to give it a go on my own some day :). I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.

xo
Mal

2 notes:

Anonymous

that' looks like fun! :)


p.s. I'm guilty of stock-piling "good" posts, too! :)

Mugdha

I do that too! Makes me feel better about making a "blah" post when i know I have a really good one coming up.

Designed by Steven Andrew.