February 22, 2011

Commenting on the Weather



I found this old picture and it totally cracked me up. My baby brother is one of the funniest/most amazing people I know and I miss him like crazyyyy!! My big bro is close so I don't miss him haha. Fair warning, this post may be a littttle bit scattered. I've got a lot on my mind!


I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but this past weekend was freaking beautiful... and now it's snowing. Sometimes I realllly question my decision to move from Arizona to Chicago. Luckily, I don't have to work today so after class I'm devoting my day to getting ahead of my homework. Exciting, right!? I also owe you a recipe for 28 days of love which is fine by me because I'm going to try making some lasagna cupcakes. Say whaaaaat? More on that in a minute. For now I'd like to take the chance to catch up with all of you!

This weekend I spent time with my two of my very best friends in Anderson, IN. (hence the lack of a post on Saturday). The weather was BEAUTIFUL and I had so much fun relaxing in the sleeeepy little town where they go to school. We listened to a lot of old music, visited the James Dean museum, ate like a thousand hamburgers, and ran into my grandpa. I'll share more on that trip tomorrow complete with a ton of pictures for your viewing pleasure! I also have a cute and suuuper easy DIY for this Thursday and I'm contemplating participating in Project ReStyle. I don't have the time to participate weekly but I think I can throw a few projects together and it seems like it could be a lot of fun. Are any of you participating? I'm curious...

Anyways, I feel like I should get onto your recipe! I decided to make cupcake lasagna today. I found it on Ashley's blog the other day and IMMEDIATELY wrote down the ingredients and made a special trip to the grocery store so I could give them a try. First of all, they're freaking adorable. Second of all, who doesn't like lasagna? If you're a vegetarian, you could easily swap out the ground beef for some veggies or even some black beans!

This is how one of my tiny lasagnas turned out. (excuse the horrid picture. I was too lazy to use my camera so I used my phone instead. yeah. That's bad)



Expect miniturized versions of EVERYTHING in the near future. I'm officially obsessed.

Now go... make your own tiny lasagnas. We'll create an army.

xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

ilene @ muchloveilly

what a cute idea! cupcake lasgana!! love it!! and such a fun picture of you and your little bro. too funny :)

Ashley

I'm glad you made them! Aren't they amazing? I totally agree, I want to make all kinds of mini meals now!

Anonymous

I'm sorry about the snow! I want my 60 degree weather back! Last week was so nice here in MO! :(
I really want mini lasagna now...
I can't wait to see what you come up with for Project ReStyle! :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.