March 23, 2011

Spending time with my mama


So this past weekend, my mama bear came to Chicago to see my brother play some Rugby and to spend a little bit of time with me. I spent Thursday night at her hotel and hung out with her all day Friday and we ended up having a blast!

We started the day at Yolk for Breakfast. They're practically famous here in Chicago, and for good reason. I've literally had dreams about the food here.
IMG_3826
IMG_3825
After breakfast my mama snapped a few outfit photos for me in front of a pretty parking garage. It was reallllllllllly windy and chilly so when I say a couple, I literally mean two photos.
IMG_3829
IMG_3827_EDIT
My mom really liked my purse and decided she wanted one of her own so we went to my work and walked away with matching bags. "Twinzies" as I like to call anything that matches!
IMG_3831
My mama has never been to the Art Institute so we went to look around. For some reason, we ended up giggling at the audio guide more than we were listening. Some of the descriptions were hilarious and at one point my mom put in the wrong number and was so confused as to why the description didn't match the painting we were looking at.
IMG_3834_edit
IMG_3839
IMG_3838
IMG_3836
put a bird on it

We ended the day with a beautiful sunset and a deep dish pizza dinner :).
IMG_3840
It was really nice to spend some time with my mama because I am not able to go home for spring break this year. I won't be able to see my family until May at the earliest!

I hope you all have a wonderful day :). I'm off to explore Wicker Park!

xoxo
Mal

4 notes:

Courtney

That sounds like a pretty amazing day.
I've only seen one Portlandia and that was the one- I DIED laughing so hard! So so funny!
Where is that brick wall again? Do you recall (I know there are more then one like that but still...)

Malori

It's on Wabash and 8th, really close to Columbia!

San

Oh, what an amazing day with your Mom!
I am so jealous. I wish I could spend a whole day with my Mom like that.

Janine @ Alternative Housewife

I LOVE your look! And I think I have the same shoes as your mom...

I live in Portland and it just tickles me when someone outside of my city likes Portlandia!

Designed by Steven Andrew.