April 20, 2011

Banana Bread


I've never made bread before. I've eaten a TON of bread. I really don't discriminate either. I love bread of all kinds--pumpkin loaf, sourdough, rye, pretzel, baguettes, french, tuscan, whole wheat, cracked wheat, banana, cinnamon, white, focaccia, etc. Suffice it to say I'm one of bread's biggest fans. Why it never occurred to me that I might enjoy making my own bread is something I'd prefer not to question. 20 years without the delight of making bread...what a waste.... ;).

Anyways, the other evening while perusing the internet (it's pretty much all I do) I found this banana bread recipe over on Design Sponge. I've been on a huge banana kick recently since I feel like it should be warm outside even though it's still cold as hell here. It seemed like fate. I cautiously scrolled through the directions and thought, I can TOTALLY do this!, and totally do this I did (shh it made sense in my head).

You can find the recipe here (in case you missed the link above).

Banana Bread
Banana Bread
Banana Bread
Banana Bread
Banana Bread

How did it turn out, you ask?
I think the only way to describe the deliciousness of this bread is to quote How I Met Your Mother, "This burger bread is so good, I want to sew my ass shut." Go, immediately, and make this bread. Trust me, you'll thank me for it later!

xoxo
Mal

1 notes:

sabrina

Best quote ever.
-Sabrina

Designed by Steven Andrew.