April 19, 2011

This weather... are you kitten me?



Photo 1220
(I got my bangs cut this morning!!)

Soooo the past few days here in Chicago have been AWFUL! We had record snowfall on Monday (as in snow doesn't belong in April but Chicago thought it would be fun to dump some on us anyways) and it's been really rainy and shitty today. I'm cold and grumpy because I haven't seen the sun in so long (ain't so sunshinee when she's gone).

In spite of the weather, I've been having a lovely week. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was applying for about a gazillion internships (okay not a gazillion...but it felt like it) and I'm so excited to say I've had some luck. I've been interviewing at marketing firms all around town and keeping my fingers crossed that one of the interviews will turn into a summer job for me. I believe I mentioned before that my early graduation is having an odd effect on me. Some days I am so excited I can hardly wait another year then I'll have days where I'm freaking out because I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with the rest of my life and how am I supposed to make that decision right now when I'm only 20!? It's daunting but I keep telling myself that nothing is permanent and that making a bad decision isn't going to ruin the rest of my life. I'm a worrier....anyone else with me there?

In other news, I started watching season three of Dexter and let's just say it was $15 well spent :). If you've never seen it before, I recommend giving it a try! It's greatttt.

Finally, I've been thinking a lot about monetizing my blog. I have to leave my job so that I have time for my internship, which will most likely be unpaid. While that is an incredible and necessary experience, I still really need to money that I would have been making from my job. I feel like allowing google to place a few ads on my page might be a nice way to make a couple extra dollars. I wanted to ask how you all feel about blogs with google ads on them. I used to be opposed to it but the more I think about it, the nicer it seems. A girls gotta eat! I'd love to hear your opinions about this.

xoxo
Mal

3 notes:

Unknown

Your bangs look SO CUTE!
And I don't think monetizing your blog is a bad idea!
You might as well make money doing something you
love [blogging]! :)

alyssa johns

gotta do what you gotta do... monetize!

Kenzie

love. love. love. you looks adorable. :)

Designed by Steven Andrew.