June 22, 2011

Chili Feta and Tomato Pizza


Trader Joe's has the best stuff. Sometimes I buy things that I have less than no use for then I have to come up with some way to use them. A few weeks ago I came across this Chili Feta Cheese and instantly bought it. Then I realized I had no idea what to do with it. So I brainstormed and searched the internet for "feta recipes" and nothing really caught my eye. Then I remembered a pizza that my parents used to make while I was growing up. It's one of their go-to recipes. I don't know if my dad made it up or if they grabbed the idea from someone else, all I know is that it's delicious. So, this is a recipe from my childhood...sort of. I altered a few things :).

Here's what you need:
-pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's Garlic and Herb dough)
-Tomatoes
-Chili feta cheese (or just feta)
-Havarti

How to do it:
1) Spread your dough out and layer the ingredients as follows:
Chili-feta pizza
--one layer of Havarti
Chili-feta pizza
--one layer of sliced tomatoes
Chili-feta pizza
--crumble the cheese all over the top...to taste
Chili-feta pizza

2) Cook it until the crust is golden and crisp!
Chili-feta pizza

Simple, delicious, and a home-run for any cheese-lover (me!!)

Enjoy!!

6 notes:

naomi:

ahh that looks soo delish! I'm a big cheese lover (and pizza lover!) too, I wonder where I can get my hands on some chili feta (ohmygosh that sounds like the best thing ever) since I don't have a Trader Joes nearby. Hm. I'll find some if it's the last thing I do.

ilene @ muchloveilly

i am a total cheese lover!!!! yum!!!!

Malori

Naomi--If you can't find any chili feta, you might be able to make your own! Maybe try using regular feta and some chili oil or crushed red peppers? Just to give it a bit of a kick :)! Good luck!!!

Ilene--girlll cheese makes my world go round. I'm glad we're on the same page there :)

Windsor Grace

I have had that problem at Trader Joes. Everything there just looks so good!!! If I can't figure out what to do with something, I usually just default to pasta. And, I love all of their Indian food!!

lexi sierra

You are so brilliant, darling! I can't wait to try this one out! Hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours :/

Malori

Windsor Grace--is that really your name?! It's BEAUTIFUL! Anyways :), I usually default to pasta too but I'm trying to branch out a bit. And I agree, their indian food is to die for!

Lexi--Thank you thank you :). It's SO simple. I'm sure yours will turn out beautifully!

Designed by Steven Andrew.