June 21, 2011

Quick and easy home updates


I mentioned yesterday that I made some cute wall art for my apartment. I've been making quite a few changes actually and I thought it might be fun to share some pictures of them.

Apartment Wall Art DIY
This wall art was inspired by a DIY over at How About Orange. I really love the way mine turned out. I'll be making another one soon so it has a little friend. Just need to find the right fabric first. Total cost was about $7 including fabric.

Entryway
A few weeks about I bought a shelf for my entryway. I have no idea what to put in it so if you have any suggestions feel free to share. I might end up moving it into my bedroom and storing purses and shoes in it because I think I want to build a coat rack for the entryway. We'll see. I like my little shelf for now :)! If you've been around for a while, you may recall that we used to have a bulletin board in the entryway. I'm so excited it's gone. I replaced it with a vintage style map of Chicago (wrapping paper $3), and three black and white photos my my roommate and some of our best friends. It was such an inexpensive way to update the space.

New Mixer
A picture of my gorgeous new mixer. I'm in love.

I also finally broke down and joined Pinterest. I'll admit that I thought it was kind of dumb but I figured I'd give it a try since all of you seem to be so sold on it. Turns out I kind of love it.

Picking a Color
My final spot of apartment news.... I'm allowed to paint!! I'm psyched. I spoke to the owner of the condo I rent and he is going to let my roommate and I paint so we're picking out colors right now. I'm thrilled.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

xoxo
Mal

4 notes:

...on the brink of something beautiful

i love that picture of all the homes. tooooo cute!
-kel

Malori

It s fabric from Ikea!! I'm obsesssssed with it. I have about a million ideas of different ways it could be used. If you live near an Ikea I'd recommend getting some :)

Anonymous

Ohhh wow I love the painting! it's so simple and cute :)

Malori

It really is the easiest way to make a space feel more like home!

Designed by Steven Andrew.